Why become a member? ×

SOLD Custom OBBM Pedalsnake SOLD

Not used this for a while now and figured I'd see if it was any use to anyone before I cut all the sheathing off and have 3 more instrument cables etc.

The cable is made up of:
3 20ft high quality instrument cables in black, blue and red with Neutrik right angle jacks at one end (from now on refered to as pedalboard end) and Neutric straight jacks on the other end (now refered to as the amp end)
1 20 ft 230v power extension with female IEC (kettle lead) at pedalboard end and male IEC (kettle lead) at amp end. Basically plug a kettle lead in near your amp and run power to your pedalboard in 1 thick cable
1 20 xlr lead female connection at pedalboard side male connection at amp end. This is used if you have a di box on your pedalboard then you don't need a specific line run to the front of the stage it can just be plugged in near the back like your amp was
1 20ft 9vdc boss power extention, faulty, it might be an issue with the jack but tbh OBBM warned me when he made it that it potentially wouldn't work due to cable length. I've never used it as the 230v power option is there to power the entire board nicely

Pictures

Seen here with an IEC to figure 8 connector to connect directly to a diago or shredfreak power supply. This is NOT included but very easy to make

Here is an example of it all hooked up. You can see how clean and tidy it all is.

As you can see there is roughly 1ft of cable free at each end meaning a maximum of 2ft between 2 cable jack points (it will get easily to both side of a PT Mini, Jr and 2, though you might struggle with a pro if you have it all in one chain frim start to finish. The cable is heat shrunk at each end and every 3 inches which stops it bunching up and twisting and all in all quite good condition, but not brand new, few snags and such on the outside sheathing but that's the nature of the material

Basically the setup I ran in those pictures was:

Wireless near amp
Black cable to Board
Pedalboard
A/B Box
A into Blue cable to ch1 of my Mesa Boogie 400+
B into Red cable in ch2 of my Mesa Boogie 400+
XLR out of Peterson tuner as emergency DI in case of issue with amp/di

I liked this colour coding as it was like red = hot as in gainy channel and blue = cold as in clean channel

The other option is to use the red and blue as send and returns from your amp and pedalboard (if running fx in the fx loop) and the black to the amp input and just plug a standard cable into the front of your pedalboard.

I think I paid £140 for this plus shipping about 3-4 years ago, I then sent it back to have something added which cost another £70+ (postage on this is £15 each way due to it's weight)

I will take £90 for it shipped but open to offers just bare in mind it has to be sent parcelforce due to the weight and this is costly.

Here is a thread about it [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303083"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303083[/url] incase anyone thinks there is an issue using power in the same cable loom as instrument cables

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

• 2 weeks later...