Why become a member? ×

Calling Steinberger fans

Clarky

Not for me but interesting and you certainly don't see many of these [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steinberger-Spirit-XZ-25-Fretless-5-String-Bass-Honey-/160537722620?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2560cb3efc#ht_600wt_1141"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steinberger-Spirit-X...c#ht_600wt_1141[/url]

Yeah..I've got the 4 string version of this.."powered" by EMG Select p/ups..same output as if it's not plugged in...I think they used to use these in the Hohner "cricket bats" in the 80s IIRC..I had one, didn't realise how s**t they were till I plugged in my Westone Thunder 1A again after a year of using the Hohner..needless to say it didn't get used much after that!!

At over a £100 it seems expensive for firewood - but then again they are predicting snow again..

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1107508' date='Jan 29 2011, 06:55 PM']You've confused "Steinberger" for "Steinberger Spirit" - made in Japan I believe - sort of "entry" version. The Steinberger equivalent of Warwick Rockbass...

I may be wrong but if so I invite offers for my 4 string..[/quote]
You're wrong about Japan - it'll be China, Korea, Taiwan or somewhere like that - none of the wooden Steinberger spin-offs were JapCrap, not even the Hohner Cricket Bats! Speaking of which, I'd take it off your hands for a tenner, quite like mine & it'd be nice to have a spare! :)

Jon.