Why become a member? ×

Cliff Burtons bass sound revealed!

stingrayPete1977

Well I have just bought a little drum machine yesterday and got up this morning to try and work out a way with a billion adaptors how I can get the drum machine through my stereo amp that I use for all the cd/pc sounds through a pair of what I call monitors (90's HI-Fi speakers :)) well I was stuffed when it turns out the headphone output on my amplifier doesnt work because the idea was that I could mix bass guitar and the drum machine into the stereo amp to send to my new headphones (Budget Sennheisers are on offer at Maplins £15 :lol: ). Back to the drawing board then, Thats when I realised that the 10W Marshall guitar amp I use in my little room for bass on the clean channel has a line in and a phones out, Sorted. After some self indulgent slap to a very odd beat as I cant figure out how to programme it yet I thought for a laugh I would switch in the OD channel. OMG Its the Cliff Burton Bass solo sound to a tee!!! With the beat sort of something like what you want behind it I couldnt help myself for 5 mins total fret w***ing and proud. It has an emulated phones output which adds a sort of very slight chorus effect all the time which is quite nice in a way then the drive sound just at 10 oclock and there it is the man himself. I guess you could take the headphone line to a desk and use the sound for recording too. Awesome :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977