Why become a member? ×

Need to rackmount Ashdown Head..is there a kit?

Dudgeman

HI
prettty much as the topic header says. I have a load of stuff to go in a rack mount and while I am at it I want to put my heads in there as well (amp heads ..I am not Beeblebrox .. :) )..Marshalls are covered but I need a rackmount kit or some Brackets for an ABM 300 head, currently in its own standard plywood casing..I think I posted this before but I can't find it!! I want to take the amp out of the casing and mount it in a big RU shod flight case..I have seen people put the whole thing in to a foam slot..not for me too much weight with the rest of the stuff that is going in there. Anyone out there know of such a kit or someone who has had something made? Is it going to be a visit to my local engineers or is there something off the shelf?

Thanks for any help in advance..

Years ago I explored this avenue and drew a blank however I do remember reading that a Bassworld member used a 2U rack tray upside down. He drilled 4 holes in the tray to pick-up on the captive nuts in the amp chassis where the sleeve screws normally go. Hope this helps.

Been here before too, the problem is the rack mountable version has a full chassis where if we are all on the same page the ones like mine are just an open tray which contraveines electrical regs of double insulated parts or earthed and fully enclosed casing (I'm an electrician) so Ashdown won't suggest this as an option as you could put your hands in the amp even when in a rack case if there's room. They wouldn't even sell me a separate ply cab which would of solved my issue of wanting my ABM Evo 300 head out of the combo it was in. The problem sorted itself when it went bang and EBS freak lent me his rig until the Genz rig came along to replace it.

I think that's my first ever actual knowledgable post on BC , do I win a prize or anything? :)

[quote name='obbm' post='1109720' date='Jan 31 2011, 05:11 PM']Years ago I explored this avenue and drew a blank however I do remember reading that a Bassworld member used a 2U rack tray upside down. He drilled 4 holes in the tray to pick-up on the captive nuts in the amp chassis where the sleeve screws normally go. Hope this helps.[/quote]
This was my solution to stop anyone being able to squeeze a hand in but like I said the amp went so I sold the gator case on eBay. It does work though as the head has captive nuts to fasten to.

I had my MAG400 in a rack for a while. I bought a couple of generic lugs off Ebay & stuck them on. I had to use a few washers to get the spacing right. If I remember, they didn't bolt on at every position possible, but went on the rack OK & didn't move around. The MAG is back in its case now & the lugs are in the drawer.. You can have them for postage if you're interested.

G.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1110051' date='Jan 31 2011, 08:32 PM']Been here before too, the problem is the rack mountable version has a full chassis where if we are all on the same page the ones like mine are just an open tray which contraveines electrical regs of double insulated parts or earthed and fully enclosed casing (I'm an electrician) so Ashdown won't suggest this as an option as you could put your hands in the amp even when in a rack case if there's room. They wouldn't even sell me a separate ply cab which would of solved my issue of wanting my ABM Evo 300 head out of the combo it was in. The problem sorted itself when it went bang and EBS freak lent me his rig until the Genz rig came along to replace it.

I think that's my first ever actual knowledgable post on BC , do I win a prize or anything? :)[/quote]

Yes..yes you do. Come over her..cmon now.... take this massive pat on the back and a big hug from me as way of thanks! :) Thanks. Useful info to.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1110431' date='Jan 31 2011, 11:44 PM']I had my MAG400 in a rack for a while. I bought a couple of generic lugs off Ebay & stuck them on. I had to use a few washers to get the spacing right. If I remember, they didn't bolt on at every position possible, but went on the rack OK & didn't move around. The MAG is back in its case now & the lugs are in the drawer.. You can have them for postage if you're interested.

G.[/quote]

Do you mean a sort of "L" bracket? If they work with the ABM I would definitely cover the postage for them. Thank you. Why don't you PM me a figure and we can sort out payment for the postage

[quote name='obbm' post='1109720' date='Jan 31 2011, 05:11 PM']Years ago I explored this avenue and drew a blank however I do remember reading that a Bassworld member used a 2U rack tray upside down. He drilled 4 holes in the tray to pick-up on the captive nuts in the amp chassis where the sleeve screws normally go. Hope this helps.[/quote]

This is also a great idea as it would stop you being able to get into the top. Thanks

[quote name='Dudgeman' post='1110517' date='Feb 1 2011, 01:19 AM']Do you mean a sort of "L" bracket? If they work with the ABM I would definitely cover the postage for them. Thank you. Why don't you PM me a figure and we can sort out payment for the postage[/quote]
My mate made me some aluminium ones which worked ok but I think bolting it up the top of a rack case would be better. The bottom of the tray is all covered and will be fine.

Thanks for the pat on the back :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1111587' date='Feb 1 2011, 08:41 PM']My mate made me some aluminium ones which worked ok but I think bolting it up the top of a rack case would be better. The bottom of the tray is all covered and will be fine.

Thanks for the pat on the back :)[/quote]

Any time :)