Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE....Reubenzehn Daniel D Bass Deluxe Tubebooster

voxpop

I have for sale a Reubenzehn Daniel D Bass Deluxe Tubebooster.
This amazing valve booster can be used it so many ways. :)

I wanted to get a valve sound from the various non valve amps that I used to own so started to look for a pedal / effect that produced a genuine valve sound. After hunting high and low I came across this tube booster. At first it just looks like any old valve booster but I soon discovered it can do so so much more.

It can be used as a simple valve warm up stage by plugging in your bass and out putting the 'boosted valve sound' straight into your amp. The volume control on the back near the in / out sockets control the gain / boost to the valve. At the 4-5 position it is about unity gain matching the volume of your bass but with warm valve sound. If you start to turn the knob to 6-7 the valve starts to overdrive, this give a real nice rock / blues sound. If you push it harder to 8-10 the volume increases and the unit starts to give a fantastic fuzz that only a valve can give.
All this is straight forward, it can be used to simply warm up a SS amp or set it to give a boost in your volume for solo parts or heavy songs.

Now things start to get interesting with the other features........ On the side is a 4 position knob that reduces the bass frequencies with each turn. Position 4 is full deep bass, 3 is more neutral, 2 has reduced bass and 1 hardly any bass. This is the interesting bit......
If you connect the pedal into an effects loop with a balance control or blender you can reduce the bass frequencies that come out of the booster and mix it in with the original bass sound. This will overdrive the mids and tops and keep the bass frequencies clean. Also I found that with a very heavy overdrive sound the bass frequencies can get muddled so with a flick of the 4 position knob the bass can be cleaned up.

What this pedal does not do.......... If you want to switch between the bypass sound and the overdrive and keep the level the same the pedal will have to be modified with some kind of volume knob to control the effect level. At first I thought this was missed by the designer. It is after all a booster to lift your volume / sound.
There is also a pop whenever the 4 position knob is first used, this must have something to do with the caps discharging ( I'm sure someone could explain this better than me ) After the knob has been turned it will not pop again.
There is also a switch the 'seems' to drop the volume and lower the bass frequencies when used, I found the sound to be completely unusable so never really bothered with it.

The pedals has had a new foot switch, the cable has been upgraded to silver and at some point I think the caps that control 4 position switch have been upgraded.

The valve can also be swapped out if you want to change the gain level, an ECC83 will give full on overdrive, ECC81 will give a gentle boost and an ECC82 will give no boost - just a warming effect. I can supply a different valve if you want to change the ECC83 it comes with.

I am only selling this because I now use a VOX valve amp.

Offered at £100 + £5 postage.

I am willing to offer a 7 day money back ( £100 ) if you are not completely happly with this unit....... I have only ever seen another one of these units, they are very rare.

Pictures will follow....

Check this link..

[url="http://www.reussenzehn.de/"]http://www.reussenzehn.de/[/url]

Edited by voxpop