Why become a member? ×

ANOTHER CVs are amazing thread (I'm sorry).

Soloshchenko

I can't help myself, I simply had to start this thread. After only a few weeks of owning it I loaned (and instantly missed) my sonic blue Squier 60s CV bass to my best mate who's currently bassless but got a gig with a decent band. Now the gigs are finished and I have her back which means my lovely Wizard loaded Mexican Fender Jazz has hit the gig bag for a few weeks. I absolutely love this bass. It's awesome loaning out a bass to a good friend for their gigging needs then getting it back. It feels like falling in love again. As he was still playing it and doesn't have a bass, I'll loan it back in a few weeks (he has now made me three offers to buy it). Anyway, I suppose the pictures are pointless, we all know exactly what these look like, but what the hell, this thread is pointless.

Another reason I love this bass is that I'm a tinker man. If I'm happy with a bass, I still end up pissing about and changing things. I honestly can't think of anything to change on this bass other than the control knobs which are soon getting changed. The pickup is awesome, the bridge is chunky and beautifully hidden by the plate and any other colour scratchplate looks daft.

In the words of Tom Cruise, I'm in love. I'm jumping on the sofa and embarrassing everyone by declaring this love. I bought this bass in imaculate condition for £190 with a hardcase, Fender strap and cool strap lock things. it was the best piece of bass related business I ever did.

Edited by Soloshchenko

Congrats... they really are the business and I love sonic blue.

I've had severe gas for one of these for a while bit they're hard to find now and I've still no funds... oh well.

They look great with some vintage machines.

These on another 60s CV P...

[quote name='bh2' post='1115607' date='Feb 4 2011, 05:11 PM']Congrats... they really are the business and I love sonic blue.

I've had severe gas for one of these for a while bit they're hard to find now and I've still no funds... oh well.

They look great with some vintage machines.

These on another 60s CV P...

[/quote]

I love Sonic blue as well. That's another thing, I would do a refinish if it wasn't my favourite PBass colour.

I don't wanna add to your GAS mate but...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Squier-Classic-Vibe-60s-Precision-Bass-/150555679581?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item230dd15b5d"]Precision CV [/url]

Ending 2moro and the starting price is reasonable.

Edited by Soloshchenko

+1.

I bought the Fiesta Red CV-P about a month ago, and have since added the CV 60's Jazz to my basses. Did sell another bass in the meantime, though.

Both are amazing. I bought the P as a back-up bass to my Ric, one to drag around and take the strain.

However, it has far succeeded my expectations.....these are seriously good basses.

I thought before I bought it that I'd be a bit of a snob about the headstock. Not at all. I'm totally proud to say I'm playing a Squier, and it costs less than £300.

I originally looked at the Highway 1 Precision. Now I've got a cracking Precision and a cracking Jazz for less than the price of one H1....result!