Why become a member? ×

Amp Tech in East Midlands

TheFear

[quote name='TheFear' post='1124655' date='Feb 12 2011, 09:16 AM']I have read the wiki above and this question has been asked a few times, anyone know of an amptech in the east midlands area that can look at my trace heads, Getting desperate as both heads have minor issues[/quote]

Not sure exactly where you mean by east midlands,but there's a guy called Duncan who runs a shop in a town called earls Barton just outside of Northampton called Phoenix soundworks and I'm pretty certain he does work on amps,his numbers 01604 466499

[quote name='TheFear' post='1124655' date='Feb 12 2011, 09:16 AM']I have read the wiki above and this question has been asked a few times, anyone know of an amptech in the east midlands area that can look at my trace heads, Getting desperate as both heads have minor issues[/quote]

What are the 'minor issues'?

Nottingham-based guys as follows:

Valves:
John Chambers (Champ Electronics)
[url="http://www.chambonino.com/"]http://www.chambonino.com/[/url]

Solid State:
John Wood (his contact details are on the above website homepage)

If it's hybred, I guess contact one of them to see who would be best suited to sort you out.

I can vouch for JC, and am one of the many testimonials on his site.
Regarding JW, see below quote from JC's site:

"I don't personally enjoy working on solid state equipment, although I am very capable of doing that type of work. Really, I'm a valve man! (or should that be tube man?) However, my friend in Nottingham, John Wood, does like to get involved with transistors and such-like. He also carries out a lot of work re-winding or building transformers from new. In fact, I am one of his best customers when I don't have time to build a new transformer myself!"

Hope this helps

[quote name='icastle' post='1124873' date='Feb 12 2011, 12:38 PM']What are the 'minor issues'?[/quote]
AH250 head gives a rather loud thud when switched on,
GP12 SMX head, getting a bit of crackling and hum while playing seems better in active mode, and it gets like an interference sound coming through very loud every now and again, tryed different basses 4 in total all the same tryed different cabs, still the same. So its not my gear