Why become a member? ×

Okay, help me out...

MythSte

If you really want the 4 sound I would say get the 4, I think the SBMM 4 would sound more like an SR4 than my SR5 does if that makes sense? The 5 has a certain something different thats hard to put your finger on, Its still nice but its different to the 4. Obviously If you really really want the sound of an SR4 then get one of them instead :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1125118' date='Feb 12 2011, 04:43 PM']If you really want the 4 sound I would say get the 4, I think the SBMM 4 would sound more like an SR4 than my SR5 does if that makes sense? The 5 has a certain something different thats hard to put your finger on, Its still nice but its different to the 4. Obviously If you really really want the sound of an SR4 then get one of them instead :)[/quote]

Haha, thats what I thought Pete.

While I'm not a die hard 5 string player I've used them before and had fun. I definitely don't need the 5th string, but there are a few tracks we play where the 5th string would give me greater economy of movement.