Why become a member? ×

Would you bid £4.5k on this photo?

karlfer

This may well be a fantastic, original bass, but even I would put a bit more effort into the photo.
(Guess who's narked cos tonights gig was cancelled :) ).
Karl.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-BASS-L-series-1963-/150562380658?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item230e379b72"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-BAS...=item230e379b72[/url]

Well, it is from 1063 - which makes it pre-Norman. I'm not sure how careful an owner Norman is - but as he arrived nearly a thousand years ago we can't be too sure.

Isn't he on tour over in Dublin? I'm sure I heard someone tell me that Norman is in Ireland...

Still - it is a VERY old bass!

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' post='1125476' date='Feb 12 2011, 09:45 PM']Well, it is from 1063 - which makes it pre-Norman. I'm not sure how careful an owner Norman is - but as he arrived nearly a thousand years ago we can't be too sure.

Isn't he on tour over in Dublin? I'm sure I heard someone tell me that Norman is in Ireland...

Still - it is a VERY old bass![/quote]

Bill being sent (in Groats) for spraying lap top screen :) .

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1125485' date='Feb 12 2011, 09:57 PM']If he sells it I hope he uses some of the money to buy a better camera for future ebay ventures!

Also much respect to anyone with the balls to bid on what could pretty much be any old plank[/quote]

Yup, it really could be any old plank.
Not doing him/herself any favours with that photo.
Assuming I got the correct 6 numbers tonight, I would still be asking for better photo's before embarking on a 400 mile round trip :) .
Karl.

[quote name='tom1946' post='1125654' date='Feb 13 2011, 08:02 AM']When I think of the effort I put into pics on basses of any price, I wonder who he thinks is gonna part with that kind of loot for a fuzzy out of focus pic, lazy mofo.[/quote]

I have my Jag and Ric up for sale to buy it....with pics like that my gas has went into overdrive hahahaha.

Just to clarify, is that a Ford Cortina in the pic!