Why become a member? ×

Touring cabinet choice...Orange only.

Musicman20

• 1 month later...

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' post='1166243' date='Mar 17 2011, 08:46 PM']I'd have to say a second 4x10 and AD200. That way you have a back up head and cab for your smaller gigs, a 200 watt 8x10 rig with a backup head for bigger gigs, or a 400 watt 8x10 rig for the last date on the tour :)[/quote]
The above really covers all options.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1166228' date='Mar 17 2011, 08:29 PM']Anyway, they think the SP cabs are a bad idea....not big enough![/quote]

I take it a guitarist has said that :-) I guess it's a look thing:-)

I thought you had space issues in the van. Also I'm sure they have never heard the SP's. I turned up on one gig with just 210 and lot some really funny looks. At the end of the gig the looks were still the same but they were blown away by the power I got from it with the terror..

If you're not lugging it yourself, +1 with Lozz

You'll definitely have fun with the 4x10/8x10 and AD's

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Superbass' post='1196888' date='Apr 12 2011, 02:52 PM']hey guys, nice discussion. would a 500 watt terror head be able to power two SP212's well or will it simply not have enough power for two? (i know they are 600w individually so not possible to go to max output)?[/quote]
If your head puts out 500 watts @ 4 ohm & your cabs are 8 ohms each then they'll get upto 250 watts each.
The SP cabs are (on paper) a good match.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1196947' date='Apr 12 2011, 03:35 PM']If your head puts out 500 watts @ 4 ohm & your cabs are 8 ohms each then they'll get upto 250 watts each.
The SP cabs are (on paper) a good match.[/quote]

+1

two sp212 would sound awesome.

On very big gigs, I use my sp210 and markbass 1x15 and I still have to turn down.. the TB is a monster.

I sit on the fence with whole is one SP cab enough...

Total rubbish. Sorry to be negative. The band had not progressed and had acquired a very annoying and arrogant 2nd guitarist who couldnt play bass or guitar.

Three gigs got cancelled, spent too much money due to poor pay, so I left.

My advice, don't believe what most bands say!

Did you manage to pick up some nice Orange gear before you left? That's the trick with endorsements, you get everything you can before you leave the band, depending on the endorsement you might even make a profit selling it on after you've used it a bit (most small endorsements have a contract that says you need to be buying for personal use, don't know if Orange is the same). :)

If they were buying bits for themselves to use in other bands, that's fair play. Endorsing companies can't expect people to have two seperate sets of gear for different bands and obviously if people have the option to buy through an endorsement, they're going to get what they can, while they can. If they were buying the gear for other people, I understand why they would, but it's not very honest when a company's put it's faith in you enough to give out an endorsement.

Good luck in your new band, I hope it goes well. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1197699' date='Apr 13 2011, 01:00 AM']Yeah they bought it for other people! Takes the mick. They will get found out.[/quote]

hmmmm... agree that this is taking the p** out of a company that has backed them. Nice ..!!! :)

[quote name='algmusic' post='1198050' date='Apr 13 2011, 12:36 PM']It annoys me.. as it makes it more difficult to get deals[/quote]

Yup, unforgivable.
Pikey bloody scum ruining it for everyone else, they deserve to get caught.

It'd be seriously tempted to shop them, especially as they've been a bunch of arseholes...

</2p>