Why become a member? ×

Possible New Project - Would this bass work?

Linus27

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1132370' date='Feb 18 2011, 03:47 PM'][b]Buy the' 51[/b] Precision,buy Rotosounds,leave them on for a week,voila,dull lifeless flats type sound.[/quote]

There, I corrected that for you. Now it says what you really meant :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='1132494' date='Feb 18 2011, 05:42 PM']However, I just can't get my head around my Olympic White Precision with black scratchplate playing this sort of music. I just think punk. I guess I could put the tort plate on which makes it look cream coloured and more retro but in my head its my punk bass that I have slung low and play with a pick :)[/quote]
Bob Babbitt, Motown bassist.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1136482' date='Feb 21 2011, 10:55 PM']You are not helping you know :)

I've set my heart on a 51 Precision and now you have gone and ruined it :):)[/quote]
I'll unruin it, Bob's playing a tort plate.

I'll ruin it again, you already have a tort plate. Fit it!

I'll ruin even more, you won't like the 51 P, they play like dogshit. It will be for sale after you leave your new project :lol:

[quote name='silddx' post='1136497' date='Feb 21 2011, 11:02 PM']I'll unruin it, Bob's playing a tort plate.

I'll ruin it again, you already have a tort plate. Fit it!

I'll ruin even more, you won't like the 51 P, they play like dogshit. It will be for sale after you leave your new project :)[/quote]

HEHE tort plated was fitted last night and its made the bass look creamy rather than white and more retro looking. Plus its sounding ace with the rotosound rounds on and the tone turned down about 40%. However, over my dead body with this bass have flats on it :)

Still want a 51 Precision.