Why become a member? ×

Fender 70's Musicmaster bass combo

phsycoandy

Not expecting to sell this here but thought she might be of interest to some vintage amp fans if just to look at the electricy things inside! Listed on ebay more for the 6 stringers:

"1970's Fender Musicmaster Bass Combo, These are widely used and favoured by guitarists and not bass players for their renowned tone and amazing headroom from a 12 watt all valve amp.

This amp when I bought it worked but had a loud hum, quite common I believe. It has now been completely re built using many of the original components that were found serviceable after testing. The main problem was that the original wax post to post circuit board had failed, again quite common. This was replaced, and the whole circuit rebuilt by hand (Suffolk Sound Services) using mainly the original components bar what look like some new resistors. The capacitors, diodes, transformers, pots are all original. It has had two brand new Electro Harmonix 6V6 power output tubes fitted, purchased from Watford Valves £28.80 (Invoice Included). The 12AX7 pre amp tube is original and works fine. The 12' speaker is the original Fender driver. The speaker grill and "Fender" badge are undamaged.

The cabinet covering is great with no nicks or damage, just some tears around the inside of the cabinet where you pull out the amp chassis to service it. There is a little pitting on the Silverface control panel. There is some rust pitting to the chrome work on the handle and amp support strips.

The sound is phenomenal, with tons of headroom and tone to die for, you can really drive it hard and she breaks up fantastically, add some effects pedals and It's all there.

These are quite rare. The amp will be shipped with the valves removed, and boxed separately.

I have attached a link to Suffolk Sounds Services for your interest."

[url="http://www.suffolksoundservices.co.uk/"]http://www.suffolksoundservices.co.uk/[/url]

[b][u]I love bringing stuff back to life![/u][/b] :)

Edited by phsycoandy