Why become a member? ×

Squier or Squire

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it'll probably go for what it's worth in the end.

I gave up looking for a bargain "Squire" bass as it turned out lots of people had the same idea as me and were deliberately searching for a mis-spelt bargain that nobody else was bidding on.

Similarly i have never got a really cheap "Gallien Kreuger" amp!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1141204' date='Feb 25 2011, 01:48 PM']It's funny even on my auctions I think 'Why are you bidding so early?'[/quote]

Sometimes i just stick a bid down when i see it and get it for less than i expected to pay. If there's a few bids on an item some people hold off biddind - if there's quite a bit of interest you maybe less likely to get it cheap.
That isn't always true as some bidders just play the numbers game and low ball every bass as soon as it is listed. Also all it takes is one other serious bidder and your bargain goes out the window.

Still, there's quite a few times i have missed an item ending only to see it not get any bids, of course when it gets relisted people go mental over it!
I missed a keyboard, case and stand recently which got no bids, the start was £9.99 and it was just down the road!

[quote]17 results found for squire bass[/quote]

[quote]35 results found for squier bass[/quote]

As mentioned up above, you're not alone.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1141204' date='Feb 25 2011, 01:48 PM']It's funny even on my auctions I think 'Why are you bidding so early?'[/quote]

I just put my lowball bids on when I see the auction. Not worth while waiting and coming back or planning or anything for a lowball.

Edited by Annoying Twit

I found that ebay auto corrects your searches, even if there are hits for what you typed. There is a Magic the Gathering carrd called 'Sliver Queen', I have a few, figured I'll check the price, it would change my search to 'Silver Queen' and give me a few hundred results even though there were several listings with 'Sliver Queen'. That is pretty damn annoying.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1141752' date='Feb 25 2011, 08:57 PM']I think my last few sales have just been BIN listings but I'm sure you used to be able to edit listings once people started bidding. Must've changed[/quote]

Guess it's a good idea, saves someone advertising a "Fender Jazz USA" then when it gets to £500 changing it to "Encore Jazz copy"