Why become a member? ×

how much is it worth?

Tait

my bass teacher has just bought an amp (an old trace elliot v-type) for really cheap, and wanted me to find out how much its worth for him, because he knows i go on this site and he cant find any details. Does anyone know anything about it? How much is it worth?

Well if you go to a certain shop in london they'll have you believe its worth thousands.. lol.. Whether or not the ad is still on ebay I don't know. There were several versions of the combo. To which are you refering?

I don't know what model it is, the info I've got is this:-

Trace Elliot V Type
Valve preamp
240w
4x8 inch

Im not sure about 4x8 inch, I'm not sure if this means speaker size or what, its quite big so 4x8 inch seems wierd to me, but i dont know much about amps.

[quote name='Wil' post='130865' date='Jan 30 2008, 06:39 PM']That's right. 4 8" speakers. Nice amps, I think Merton owns a 4x8 model now, not sure what he paid though...[/quote]
I do indeed, along with the 1x15" version :) The 4x8 is about 10kg heavier than the 1x15, it's a proper bugger to lift!
Depending on condition anywhere between about £250-£350 is probably a fair amount.

Quick edit to add: they are 280W RMS @ 4 ohms, the "BiPolar Bear" power stage. Don't let it get too hot!!

Edited by Merton

[quote name='lwtait' post='130863' date='Jan 30 2008, 06:37 PM']I don't know what model it is, the info I've got is this:-

Trace Elliot V Type
Valve preamp
240w
4x8 inch

Im not sure about 4x8 inch, I'm not sure if this means speaker size or what, its quite big so 4x8 inch seems wierd to me, but i dont know much about amps.[/quote]

thats all we need to know! Yep, Presoulnation, on this very forum just sold one.. oh hang on.. was that the one Merton bought then? lol Was defintely a 4x8 version. ;o) I reckon depending on good condition, £300- £400?

[quote name='Merton' post='130869' date='Jan 30 2008, 06:41 PM']I do indeed, along with the 1x15" version :) The 4x8 is about 10kg heavier than the 1x15, it's a proper bugger to lift!
Depending on condition anywhere between about £250-£350 is probably a fair amount.[/quote]

ah! Beat me to it.. I guess I wasn't TOO far out on price lol!

[quote name='dood' post='130872' date='Jan 30 2008, 06:42 PM']thats all we need to know! Yep, Presoulnation, on this very forum just sold one.. oh hang on.. was that the one Merton bought then? lol Was defintely a 4x8 version. ;o) I reckon depending on good condition, £300- £400?[/quote]
Hehe, yep. :)
Let's add our two price ranges together: £250 - £400 ish. Probably £300-£350 as an average.