Why become a member? ×

FS: Laney VC30 2x10 +1x12 Revalved

I've revalved this amp with Groove Tube EL84S (6) plus there's a Marshall ECC83 in V1, a 12AX7 in V2 & a matched ECC81 in the Phase Inverter.

When I got it the handle had pulled (wood screws). I bought a new leather handle & bored through the wood, using bolts through to large load-bearing washers.

The H|H speakers have been replaced, with G10 Vintage 80th Anniversary Celestions in the amp combo & a Celestion Q12 1517 in the sealed back Ext. Cab. I originally had a G12-65 (1987) in there, but it didn't like the sealed cab.

Each driver is 65W. The 10's are 16 Ohm in parallel and the 12 is 8 Ohm. The full combination runs at 4 Ohms - there's a selector (4/8) switch on the back. I don't think there's more than 10 hours playing time on these speakers and valves, and I don't think the speakers are even broken in yet.

I've also put an extra set of rubber feet on the side of the cab opposite to the handle.

Supplied will be the old set of power tubes, mains lead, leads for speakers & footswitch for Channel/Reverb

Controls are Clean Channel Vol. Bright Switch. Dirty Channel Gain & Vol, Bass, Mids, Treble, Clean/Dirty switch, Reverb & FX mix - this has a Parallel Effects Loop.

Price will be £325 ovno collected (there's no way I'll post/courier this, but I'll drive a bit to meet midway) or swap/trade for a good Yamaha BB 5 string.

For an extra £60 I'll fit a JAN Phillips 5751 in V1 and a NOS 4004 (Mullard) in V2.

<<Edited to remove pics>>

P.S. On playing thru for checks, I found the low gain input doesn't seem to work. First time in 4 years I've used it.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

• 2 weeks later...