Why become a member? ×

Burlesque

WalMan

Recorded on a Roland digital recorder stuck in the middle of the roomand everyone spread out around it. Recorder set to automatic and then a bit of normalisation to bring up the level a bit.

This version of the song is a bit rough, but it is a new one for the set worked up last night and this is the second or third attempt so there's time

[attachment=74502:Burlesque___3.mp3]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1157628' date='Mar 11 2011, 08:27 AM']Excellent - I like the feel, and you hardly notice the absence of keyboards.

This just makes me more determined to get my band to do this one.[/quote]
Cheers. It is a bit outside our usual crash, bang, wallop and I wasn't too sure but it just happened and feels good so with a bit of tidying up and a proper end it should add a bit of light & shade to the set

• 2 months later...

And now it's in the set here's a video

I've been playing with a "corporate" image to top & tail videos and have created a Windows Movie template with the logo, titles, and "stab" from White Punks, along with the Credits section at the end. Nothing fancy, and I'm still not sure whether the music stab at the start over the logo might become tiresome, however it's easy to drop the live video takes in, add fade in/out and crossfade so hopefully even the guitarist (whose daughters digital camera is pressed into action and even handles recording the sound pretty well) can manage to put it together to post without too much difficulty