Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

martthebass

I've tried to part with this twice before and failed - so here's going for the third...

A problem with my Passat (running over steel scrap - a perennial problem if you work at a steel plant, and the bloody service computer deciding it needs a service about 3 months before I thought it would) has left my liquid cash a little depleted. I've options to deal with it, but in the interests of looking at all options I've got to consider letting my Ray 30th go (again).

I love this bass to bits, I've really bonded with it over the year that I've had it, its quite possibly the best Ray (without getting into the pre-eb/eb argument) I've ever played/owned. However, it's in excellent 'collector's' condition and as such it rarely leaves the house, in fact it's done 2 jam nights and 2 practices in my ownership.

If you're reading this you know the ante, it's a mahogany bodied 30th anniversary ray with through body stringing, highly figured red laquered maple neck with rosewood board. Think of it as a Classic Ray + except they made 783 and won't be making any more.

As I've said, I don't want to part with this and other options will be explored so it may be withdrawn soon (cf. CHRISDABASS and his Big Al), so in terms of business; I'd prefer a partial trade (I still need a good quality 4 string fretted backup) with cash my way. I'll consider excellent condition US Fender Standard Precisions or Jazzes (a 2008 on model preferably) or a standard Ray 4H. For trade purposes I'm valueing the 30th at no less than £1100 - no negotiation on this one I think that's fair.

The bass comes with the original C & G special edition case which I don't consider suitable for shipping (problems were experienced with these by MM when they were originally shipped - I wont tempt fate), so collection or meet up only for this one.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' post='1159769' date='Mar 12 2011, 07:58 PM']And replied[/quote]

I've got one of these and it's without a doubt the best sounding bass I've ever heard, it has a tone from the gods... whoever picks up this beauty is a very lucky guy/girl!

Can't believe you're selling it! Good luck with the sale and here's a little BUMP!

Thanks for everyone who has expressed interest in this (and it suprised me how much interest there has been in these times of austerity!), however for the moment it is withdraw while I consider other options which involve me not having to part with the best Ray it's been my pleaseure to own.

[quote name='martthebass' post='1164368' date='Mar 16 2011, 01:24 PM']Thanks for everyone who has expressed interest in this (and it suprised me how much interest there has been in these times of austerity!), however for the moment it is withdraw while I consider other options which involve me not having to part with the best Ray it's been my pleaseure to own.[/quote]

Good call... :)