Why become a member? ×

FS: Bacchus Venus 5 SOLD!

leprechaun

Hi all,[s][/s]

The model is a Bacchus Venus 5 from 2002, it's in fantastic condition and looks as good as new. There are some very minor marks on the back but they are very hard to see (if you hold it up to the light they are just visible..)

It has a 34" scale, a swamp ash body with maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. I've just had the scales out and it weighs in at 9lbs (maybe just a tad over). The pups and preamp are Bacchus own designs, it's configured with vol/blend/treble/bass both the treble and the bass are cut and boost type with a centre detent. The string spacing at the bridge is 18.5mm. The sound is very Marcus with plenty lows and clear highs. It also comes with a hiscox liteflite.

I'm looking for [s]£800[/s] £699

[attachment=75462:IMG_0970.jpg][attachment=75463:IMG_0971.jpg][attachment=75464:IMG_0973.jpg][attach
ment=75461:IMG_0969.jpg]
[attachment=75460:IMG_0968.jpg][attachment=75459:IMG_0967.jpg][attachment=75450:IMG_0956.jpg][attach
ment=75451:IMG_0957.jpg]
[attachment=75452:IMG_0958.jpg][attachment=75453:IMG_0960.jpg][attachment=75454:IMG_0961.jpg][attach
ment=75455:IMG_0962.jpg]
[attachment=75456:IMG_0964.jpg][attachment=75457:IMG_0965.jpg][attachment=75458:IMG_0966.jpg]

Edited by leprechaun

[quote name='Machines' post='1172000' date='Mar 22 2011, 12:41 PM']Still lookin' good I see. Thumbs up from me for leprechaun - he sent me his Overwater before I could post this to him :).[/quote]
Cheers Machines, it's barely been out of the case to be honest! Hope you're diggin' the Overwater still...

Yes, I nearly stupidly sold it though ! Common sense has now prevailed.

As for this one - it's construction is flawless and it is a definite super-jazz. It'd wipe the floor with a US Fender and needs a permanent home ! Tone and playability are top notch, I only passed it on as a Jazz bass wasn't what I was looking for tonally in the long term. The price is very fair also.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Rumble' post='1189737' date='Apr 5 2011, 09:32 PM']Would a standard Fender (5 string) scratchplate fit on this?[/quote]

I'm not sure, I'll see if I can get my hands on the dimensions to compare. You could always get someone to copy the existing one if it's not to your liking.

Okay, I've just printed out an American Jazz 5 string pickguard to scale from [url="http://www.terrapinguitars.com/pdfFiles.html"]this[/url] great website.....very handy...

It's similar and could possibly be made to fit but it's different in two areas, firstly the size of the pickup is different and secondly the area where it meets the fingerboard is curved on the template whereas the fingerboard actually has straight edges. Here's a quick photo which will explain it better:

[attachment=76808:Pickguard.jpg]

The screws are mostly in the same place but some aren't quite, I think it would probably be easier to just get one made than to alter an existing one.

Hope this helps...

This is such a beautiful looking bass, I'm really surprised it hasn't been snapped up at this price! Especially when you consider that another Bacchus 5 on here has just sold for more..

So a free BUMP for a great bass and a top Basschatter!

[quote name='Rumble' post='1189737' date='Apr 5 2011, 09:32 PM']Would a standard Fender (5 string) scratchplate fit on this?[/quote]

Mike Walsh of Zoot/Purple Chilli would make one to fit.
[url="http://www.purple-chili.com/iceni-zoot/services/custom-scratch-plates.htm"]http://www.purple-chili.com/iceni-zoot/ser...atch-plates.htm[/url]

That said I used to own the Bacchus Impression that has just sold and now have a Bacchus Standard, (which looks virtually the same as this). Both had clear scratchplates that I didn't think I would like, but in the flesh you realise it would be a sin to cover up such a fantastic piece of wood.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1193717' date='Apr 9 2011, 12:41 PM']Mike Walsh of Zoot/Purple Chilli would make one to fit.
[url="http://www.purple-chili.com/iceni-zoot/services/custom-scratch-plates.htm"]http://www.purple-chili.com/iceni-zoot/ser...atch-plates.htm[/url]

That said I used to own the Bacchus Impression that has just sold and now have a Bacchus Standard, (which looks virtually the same as this). Both had clear scratchplates that I didn't think I would like, but in the flesh you realise it would be a sin to cover up such a fantastic piece of wood.[/quote]

I agree, personally I wouldn't touch it, it's a beautiful piece of wood. I can't really find any differences between this and the Bacchus Standard, not sure what makes it a Venus??

[quote name='leprechaun' post='1193729' date='Apr 9 2011, 12:51 PM']I agree, personally I wouldn't touch it, it's a beautiful piece of wood. I can't really find any differences between this and the Bacchus Standard, not sure what makes it a Venus??[/quote]

Me neither. The only difference that is immediately obvious is that mine has Bartolini P/U's and had a Bart pre-amp until I swopped it for an East.

• 2 months later...

Don;'t suppose you fancy a Strat? US '62 Vintage re-issue 3 tone burst, Rosewood, 'C' profile neck, Partchment plates... Ok it's not a bass... I admit it; or maybe a Trace AH350SMX and either a 2x15 or 810 (both Trace) and some pennies??? The Bacchus is too pretty not to ask... as you're in Northumberland I may be able to deliver... (the cabs especially the 810 are not on the little side...)

Andy :)

Edited by rumour6

[quote name='rumour6' post='1307734' date='Jul 18 2011, 12:50 PM']Don;'t suppose you fancy a Strat? US '62 Vintage re-issue 3 tone burst, Rosewood, 'C' profile neck, Partchment plates... Ok it's not a bass... I admit it; or maybe a Trace AH350SMX and either a 2x15 or 810 (both Trace) and some pennies??? The Bacchus is too pretty not to ask... as you're in Northumberland I may be able to deliver... (the cabs especially the 810 are not on the little side...)

Andy :)[/quote]
Hi Andy,

Sorry, neither of those things tempt me, although that Strat looks pretty...the only thing that might interest me for a part exchange are studio microphones or maybe a g&l tribute 2500...

Thanks anyway!

• 2 weeks later...