Why become a member? ×

GK amp cuts in and out

baz

I hope someone can help :)

I have an GK 1001rb amp, the last few weeks at practice the amp runs fine for the first 45 mins or so then annoyingly it starts to cut in and out every 3 seconds, yep its almost that predictable? Sound for 3 seconds then a pop and no sound for 3 seconds another pop and the process repeats. :)

I have check the leads and bass on my practice combo and have no problems there, so that leave's my amp and cab.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before or have any ideas what it could be?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='baz' post='1172090' date='Mar 22 2011, 01:45 PM']I have an GK 1001rb amp, the last few weeks at practice the amp runs fine for the first 45 mins or so then annoyingly it starts to cut in and out every 3 seconds, yep its almost that predictable? Sound for 3 seconds then a pop and no sound for 3 seconds another pop and the process repeats. :)

I have check the leads and bass on my practice combo and have no problems there, so that leave's my amp and cab.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before or have any ideas what it could be?[/quote]

If the amp gets too hot (driven too hard into cabs of wrong impedance, not enough ventilation around the amp) there's a thermal cutout on GK kit that might be causing what you describe here.