Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Neox-212T Cab *SOLD*

cetera

As part of a small gear change-around I'm offering up one of my amazing Genz Benz Neox212T cabs!

Here's the gumph:

[b][u]Genz Benz NEOX-212T Description:[/u][/b]
600 W, 2x12" Neodymium speaker with tweeter.
A compact, dual 12" design that drives with the heart of a 4 x 10" enclosure. The coupling of the 2 Neodymium loudspeakers along with the X porting of the cabinet combine to project round, solid, explosive performance on any stage. The lightweight design, "Edge-Lift" handles and tilt-back casters make traveling with this NEO a breeze.
GNX 12300 Neodymium Loudspeaker: Our custom designed 12" Neodymium cast frame Loudspeaker is rated at 300 watts RMS and utilizes a 2 1/2" aluminum edge-wound high temperature voice coil. The 7 oz Neodymium magnet assembly is encased in a large heat sink structure for exceptional cooling. The paper cone, spider and dust cap have been calibrated to deliver the low frequency support and mid range articulation that today's bassist demand.
Dual Edge Porting Integrated into the cabinet design is a unique "Dual Edge" porting system which places a shelf port in each corner of the baffle face, forming an "X" across the radiating surface of the enclosure for increased low frequency support and projection.

[b][u]Genz Benz NEOX-212T Specifications:[/u][/b]
Power Handling RMS: 600W
Frequency +/- 3db: 42-18K Hz Sensitivity
1W/1M : 101 db
Nominal Impedance :4 ohm
Crossover Point : 4 K Hz
Weight Lbs. :50
Dimensions HxWxD: 31" x 21 1/4 " x 16 1/2"

These cabs have received amazing reviews for their incredible sound in an amazingly portable package. You WON'T be disappointed!
e.g. [url="http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/59720"]http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/59720[/url]
[url="http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Genz-Benz-NEOX212T-600W-2x12-Bass-Cabinet?sku=601470"]http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/pr...inet?sku=601470[/url]
(click on "Read 8 reviews" on right)
[url="http://www.music123.com/Bass/Bass-Amplifiers-Effects/Bass-Amplifiers/Bass-Amp-Cabinets/NEOX-212T-600W-2x12-Bass-Cabinet.site7prod601470.product"]http://www.music123.com/Bass/Bass-Amplifie...d601470.product[/url]
(click on 'reviews' tab under pictures)

Condition is Excellent/Lightly Used (home/rehearsal only) with just a few light carpet scuffs and some light scratches on the corner protectors.

No photo to hand at the moment but here's a stock one:

These are £750 new...so price wise I'm looking for a VERY reasonable [b]*SOLD*[/b] - cash on collection preferably, but will accept bank transfer or Paypal (with fees paid by buyer).
Collection would be from Guildford, Surrey area but I could deliver within 50 miles for petrol money....

Please see my feedback link below for assurance of a clean/honest transaction

Edited by cetera

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1176076' date='Mar 25 2011, 03:59 PM']That's the one! :) Brilliant cabs if I had a 2ohm head I would be tempted for two :)[/quote]

Upgrade to a ShuttleMAX 12.0? :lol:

Sigh, where was this when I needed it last year to save me shelling out full price for a new one!!!

Whoever buys this won't regret it. I use mine with a TC RH450, but have also played it with a Shuttle 6 - both sounding awesome through it. Did compare with an Aguilar GS112 cab, which couldn't even touch it for tone - let alone weighing nearly as much despite being just a 1x12!

Nice cab and on my list of options on new rig.
If i had known you were selling you could have brought up to Lanark gig and i would have paid cash. :)

Oh well can't win them all.

Good luck with sale though.

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1176076' date='Mar 25 2011, 03:59 PM']That's the one! :) Brilliant cabs if I had a 2ohm head I would be tempted for two :lol:[/quote]
Ha that post was meant to go in another thread but it made just as much sense in this one :)

Great cab for sure have a bump (do TIM's work in the amps for sale section?)

[quote name='cetera' post='1176659' date='Mar 25 2011, 10:36 PM']Dave, I wasn't intending to sell one of these cabs at the time of our Lanark gig :P[/quote]

Hi Cetera,
Not a prob. was being jovial although it would have been a serious contender.

Will just keep checking BC for whatever else you're selling. Especially before the Glasgow and Lanark gigs which are now in my diary.
You sell some really good kit at great prices - better than a shop. :lol: :) :D

Hopefully buying a Streamliner and Berg cab today from Mark at Bass Direct.
Time to get rid of the Ashdown which seems to get slated quite a lot on BC although its served me well for 5 yrs without any great issue.

Cheers
Dave
:)

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1176853' date='Mar 26 2011, 07:36 AM']Time to get rid of the Ashdown which seems to get slated quite a lot on BC although its served me well for 5 yrs without any great issue.[/quote]

Seems an odd reason to get rid of some gear? :)

[quote name='Conan' post='1177322' date='Mar 26 2011, 03:20 PM']Seems an odd reason to get rid of some gear? :D[/quote]

Wasn't the main reason.
DON'T LAUGH !!!! :lol:
Bought a new car and didn't think to check the boot opening. Large boot very small opening and Ashdown doesn't fit.
Wanted to upgrade my sound. Ashdown was ok but not great.
Wanted something lighter. Not as young as I used to be.
Probably a few other minor reasons i could throw into the mix as well.

These are probably just excuses for serious GAS. :P

Dave

:) :) :lol:

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='CyberBass' post='1178243' date='Mar 27 2011, 12:30 PM']Collection is part of my problem :-([/quote]

Could possibly meet halfway ?Swindon? for petrol money if that helps? :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1204482' date='Apr 19 2011, 09:35 AM']Nice cab, but too rich for my blood.
When were you thinking of selling on the Ashdown stuff?
I could do with a 2x12 cab to add a little edge to my 115 :)[/quote]

You've lost me..... I don't and never have owned any Ashdown stuff :lol: :)

This 2x12 (with it's bass porting) means that a 1x15 would be surplus to requirements. All you'd need is this cab alone.... :D

Cheers chaps!
Yes, this is a SERIOUS bit of kit!
Sales are slow at the moment but I know of a few people trying to find the money for this. :)
For others out there who are interested but are waiting for a significant price drop - you will be waiting a long time. :)
This is a very reasonable price for an awesome cab and I will not be dropping the price. VERY near offers are welcome but no silly offers....