Why become a member? ×

Must be a sign

Dave Vader

Righty, as some of you know, i have recently joined an originals band again, and was toying with the idea of dumping my 80s tribute band as things have gone very wrong since the old keyboard player left.
I was feeling a bit bad about the idea of leaving them in the sh*t though, however...

The singer with said 80s band rang me last night about some gigs I had to put up on line, and as we had spoken for a while about me maybe playing guitar for them if our current guitar player throws his toys out of the pram and quits (which is quite likely) he told me he's got another bass player lined up in case of this situation happening.
This means I'm off the hook, I can go whenever I feel I can afford to.

Signs are good, I am feeling the force, it says go towards the original scene again, turn from the dark side...

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1176227' date='Mar 25 2011, 05:45 PM']Do it. Deeper lows but greater highs, all part of the originals path.[/quote]

That's what I thought, it's been 10 years since I last played in an originals band. Somebody offered me money to play other people's music, and since then I just got too over-excited at the thought of actually making money from music, rather than spending it.

Time to hold my head up high when people ask me what sort of band I'm in, rather than the current mumbling (I play slappy crap in an 80s tribute band, please don't ask again).

Shame I still need the money for the next few months, oh well. Be good after that.