Why become a member? ×

Fret Buzz

hellothere

I picked up a bass from around an hour and a half from where I lived and after arriving back home with it I realised there was a buzz on the 12th fret and only on that fret, each day the buzz has got less and less so far. Is this from a change in climate and humidity? And is there a chance it will go away completely without me having to fiddle with it?

[quote name='hellothere' post='1178285' date='Mar 27 2011, 01:05 PM']I picked up a bass from around an hour and a half from where I lived and after arriving back home with it I realised there was a buzz on the 12th fret and only on that fret, each day the buzz has got less and less so far. Is this from a change in climate and humidity? And is there a chance it will go away completely without me having to fiddle with it?[/quote]
Give a bass at least a day to setting in to new surroundings.
How does your 13th fret look compared to 12 and 14? Stick a flat edge on it an see if it rocks.
If it's ok, tightening your t/r should eliminate what just sounds like the relief being out a tad.

[quote name='hellothere' post='1178285' date='Mar 27 2011, 01:05 PM']I picked up a bass from around an hour and a half from where I lived and after arriving back home with it I realised there was a buzz on the 12th fret and only on that fret, each day the buzz has got less and less so far. Is this from a change in climate and humidity? And is there a chance it will go away completely without me having to fiddle with it?[/quote]

How long have you had it?