Why become a member? ×

Garageband Jam Packs

tomhunt

Hi guys,

Do any of you have any experience with the Jam Packs that Apple sell for their Garageband? I'm looking at getting the rhythm section one they do. Also Iv noticed they sell AMG SythnPack for Garageband. Anyone used that before? Interested in both. Any hands on info welcome :) :)

Tom

Got the Rhythm Section Jam Pack and its pretty good. Sound quality is excellent. I only really use the drum loops but there's many guitar and bass loops in there. I think they're also compatible with Logic if I remember rightly. The only trouble is I've found that if you find a particular set of drum loops that sound good, there just isn't enough variation. Minor gripe if your only using them for one or two songs. There's also plenty of midi loops which, if you have a decent sample programme you can really get some good variation going.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='1180443' date='Mar 29 2011, 09:10 AM']Got the Rhythm Section Jam Pack and its pretty good. Sound quality is excellent. I only really use the drum loops but there's many guitar and bass loops in there. I think they're also compatible with Logic if I remember rightly. The only trouble is I've found that if you find a particular set of drum loops that sound good, there just isn't enough variation. Minor gripe if your only using them for one or two songs. There's also plenty of midi loops which, if you have a decent sample programme you can really get some good variation going.[/quote]

Cheers for that mate.

Defo thinking of buying the Rhythm one this week. Is it worth the buy? I only wanna use it for the loops just to get a feel for Writing music. Finding it a bit of a struggle to make my own drum beats that have a good feel to um.

Tom

Depends, if its just drums you want, then I'd recoomend Beta Monkey drum loops. Lots more variation, cheaper and they're recorded by a real drummer in the studio.
If you're going for all the keyboard, guitar and bass loops too, then I'd see if you can get a copy second-hand.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='1180443' date='Mar 29 2011, 09:10 AM']Got the Rhythm Section Jam Pack and its pretty good. Sound quality is excellent. I only really use the drum loops but there's many guitar and bass loops in there. [b]I think they're also compatible with Logic if I remember rightly.[/b] The only trouble is I've found that if you find a particular set of drum loops that sound good, there just isn't enough variation. Minor gripe if your only using them for one or two songs. There's also plenty of midi loops which, if you have a decent sample programme you can really get some good variation going.[/quote]

You're right. Logic Studio comes with all of the Jam Packs built in. I only really use the drum loops myself; I don't have the means (or the skills) to record live drums!

[quote name='JeSuisSkeleton' post='1188020' date='Apr 4 2011, 05:42 PM']You're right. Logic Studio comes with all of the Jam Packs built in. I only really use the drum loops myself; I don't have the means (or the skills) to record live drums![/quote]

Me too, I'd love to have a go at recording live drums but I just don't have the room - or the understanding neighbours. I get away with my 5150 cranked up pretty loud, but I think if I had a drum kit going full pelt in the house, not only would the cats have heart attacks but the neighbours wouldn't be too impressed.