Why become a member? ×

opinions/experience

blackeyedgirl

[quote name='blackeyedgirl' post='1182204' date='Mar 30 2011, 01:57 PM']Purchasing this...

[url="http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/ashdown-mag-head-and-cab-package.html"]http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/ashdown-mag-hea...ab-package.html[/url]

Does anybody have one or have/had experience with one...[/quote]

Not that particular combination, but I did run a Mag 2x10 Combo on top of a Mag Deep 1x15 Cab for a number of years and it really was a glorious rig and excellent value for money IMHO.

If I hadn't needed to downsize/weight for health reasons, I'm sure I'd have continued with the Mag rig for many more years. :)

It seems about average pricewise. Ashdown stuff usually gets the thumbs up from those who like their stuff.

There's a MAG 300r & 1x15 cab in the For Sale section for £200. If you're willing to go 2nd hand, you'll get a better rig for your money.

Just noticed it's the MAG 600, makes a better price. :)

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1182329' date='Mar 30 2011, 03:15 PM']It seems about average pricewise. Ashdown stuff usually gets the thumbs up from those who like their stuff.

There's a MAG 300r & 1x15 cab in the For Sale section for £200. If you're willing to go 2nd hand, you'll get a better rig for your money.

Just noticed it's the MAG 600, makes a better price. :)[/quote]

I take that as good then? :)

[quote name='blackeyedgirl' post='1182337' date='Mar 30 2011, 03:20 PM']Massive Journey fan right here, Ross is my idol and I have a small obsession with Steve Perry! Are you seeing them in June?[/quote]

Yes and yes :)

Seen them with Steve Augeri, Jeff Scot Soto and Arnel Pineda.... great every time :lol:
I'm too young to have seen them with Perry (to my mind the finest rock singer of the last 40 years) :)

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1182430' date='Mar 30 2011, 04:34 PM']Well, there aren't any Journey fans on the Journey forum!

Truckstop[/quote]

True that... there's only 'the herd' as me and my mates call them.... you have to see them to understand :) :)

Edited by cetera