Why become a member? ×

Fender Highway 1 2003 model Made in USA

Jigster

This is a USA made 2003 model, with nitrocellulose finish on the body in what I believe is Daphne blue.

Do a Google [size=2][b]there is a consensus that these are most excellent instruments[/b][/size]

The pup is currently a Wizard Thumper and the pickguard, which I have had to file a little to make it fit, is my own choice re-fit. It's a good job and looks okay, [b]but the sale will include both the original pick up and pickguard[/b], which is white. (See pics)

For a ten year old bass with a nitro finish it's in good condition, bar dinks and knocks, and some nicks at the bridge where a previous owner fitted a bridge cover.

Neck straight, frets good - A fantastic bargain with the Wizard pup alone worth £50 odd.

I can post for an extra £10, or happy to meet within reasonable distance for petrol money.

[size=4][b]PICS HERE[/b][/size] [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/49793253@N07/sets/72157626287436925/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/49793253@N07/...57626287436925/[/url]

Edited by Jigster

i have a baggage weighing thing, but it doesn't take too well to guitars!! However, altho the weight changed a little each time, it averages at approx 3kg - sorry can't be dead accurate but I did do it two or three times and it hovered first around 2.97 then 3.06 etc..you get the picture..

[quote name='Jigster' post='1186005' date='Apr 2 2011, 05:54 PM']i have a baggage weighing thing, but it doesn't take too well to guitars!! However, altho the weight changed a little each time, it averages at approx 3kg - sorry can't be dead accurate but I did do it two or three times and it hovered first around 2.97 then 3.06 etc..you get the picture..[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to try and get the weight but I've got to confess that even taking your heaviest weight makes that a pretty light bass! I'd certainly be interested but due to past experiences of folks exagerating claims of basses being significantly lighter than they actually are I'd need to be sure that your bass was as light as you say; especially as I couldn't try before buying. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1186057' date='Apr 2 2011, 06:52 PM']Thanks for taking the time to try and get the weight but I've got to confess that even taking your heaviest weight makes that a pretty light bass! I'd certainly be interested but due to past experiences of folks exagerating claims of basses being significantly lighter than they actually are I'd need to be sure that your bass was as light as you say; especially as I couldn't try before buying. :)[/quote]

well it is very light - dunno what to say tbh, I'm not duping you - as some band said: "it ain't heavy.."

if anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated - it's just not a brick, it's light on the strap, but like I said the baggage weighing thing I used did jump around so....

Edited by Jigster