Why become a member? ×

Christ on a Bike!

dbass

Alright chaps,

I've fought the urge to not post this for a few days, not sure why but just felt like I didn't need to tell anyone but I can't hold it in any longer...

Got the Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 with 10" Cab the other day for smaller gigs, practices, acoustic jam nights, etc etc and I can't believe how friggin' good this little combo is. I just smile every time I play it.

It's unbelievably loud for it's size and has a sweeeeeeet tone (through a Dingwall Combustion and a Warwick Thumb with Nordstrand Pre-amp/Bartolini P'ups). Handles the lows really well for one 10" speaker and has a really sweet mini-tweeter that gives a glassy top end, just enough to give that extra articulation if needed.

I've played one gig with it so far at a folk club where the guitar and vox were through the P.A and I just went through the amp. Around 60 folks in a room that could hold maybe 150 so quite large. Handled it fine and didn't sound lost.

Also had a few jams with my drummer and he put his electronic kit, an iPod and my bass through it and still sounded great.

If anyone wants a small combo then I can't recommend this highly enough guys. I'd love to hear it with the extension cab but don't think I need it at all!!!

Sorry for the ramble, just had to let it out ^ ^

Cheers

HA!!!!

Wayne...I am taking that for myself. What a picture that is.

@Clarky - Hmm I would say loud enough for you to hear and the band. Might need the extra 10" cab to get the 300w. I will try play it with a rock band live with acoustic kit and see what happens. Maybe someone on here has tried it with a bigger band?

When i saw this thread title, i thought that it was a post about the comedian [url="http://www.richardherring.com/warmingup/"]Richard Herring[/url], who is currently touring a show called [i]Christ on a bike[/i]. Im off to see him next week at the new comedy club in Chester.

[quote name='alanbass1' post='1187576' date='Apr 4 2011, 11:31 AM']Clarky, it's not as loud as the CMD121P you recently parted with (I tried them both side by side when I got the Markbass).[/quote]
Thanks Alan. Was just thinking laterally in case my Acoustic Image combo was permanently knackered. Just come off phone from AI though and they say I can get it repaired for free ... if I send it back to the US ... but at least its salvageable