Why become a member? ×

Recommended 2x12 cabs

thebassman

Hi
So, i love the sound my Mesa M6 carbine 2x12 combo creates.
I thought i would have a look around for a seperate cab to run with my Bassman 135 and maybe even pass on my combo and get a seperate head :)
Don't know whether i would get another M6 or go for something a bit more micro, maybe a bass terror or something.
Anyone got any recommendations, preferably 4 ohms, i like the look of the purple chilli cabs.

cheers

thebassman

Edited by thebassman

[quote name='JTUK' post='1190168' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:53 AM']Two single 12"'s..?? might be a more expensive way to buy new though..

The GB NEOX212 is rated ...if you can get past its looks.
What about the Uber series.... a 212 with a twist?[/quote]

Thanks guys I will have a look into them.
Just got to find someone who has them in stock now. :)

[quote name='markstuk' post='1190210' date='Apr 6 2011, 10:19 AM']Try Bass Direct in Warwick..

And I should have my BFS12T in a week or so's time and you're welcome to try it.. I'm about 15 minutes drive away from Bass Direct...[/quote]

Thanks for the offer markstuk.

Your lucky living that close, my nearest decent shop is the bass centre in London.

I have never been to bass direct, although have spoke to Mark............ he's a legend.
Do they have much stock?

My "local" shops only stock either practice amps or guitard gear, you have to order it in to try it out.. what a joke.

Just give him a call and see what he has in... When I've been there he's had plenty of stuff to play with :-)

[quote name='thebassman' post='1190246' date='Apr 6 2011, 10:47 AM']Thanks for the offer markstuk.

Your lucky living that close, my nearest decent shop is the bass centre in London.

I have never been to bass direct, although have spoke to Mark............ he's a legend.
Do they have much stock?

My "local" shops only stock either practice amps or guitard gear, you have to order it in to try it out.. what a joke.[/quote]

[quote name='sk8' post='1190262' date='Apr 6 2011, 10:56 AM']+2 again[/quote]
That's good to know, I know they look fantastic, but I wasn't sure if it was all style and no substance. You don't see them mentioned very often.
It's a bit new to me, I have always been a Mesa fan, with a bit of retro fender thrown in.
I quite fancy trying out some different gear.

[quote name='crez5150' post='1190357' date='Apr 6 2011, 12:09 PM']you could go see Mike if your in Cambridge, he's just over near Witham Essex[/quote]
And if you do go out that way you might as well visit Darren at the Bass Merchant as well - he has a Genz Neox212 in the store last time I was there.

[quote name='Legion' post='1190364' date='Apr 6 2011, 11:14 AM']And if you do go out that way you might as well visit Darren at the Bass Merchant as well - he has a Genz Neox212 in the store last time I was there.[/quote]

Another +1 for the Genz Neox212T - with my RH450 it does all I'll ever need. Picked up an Aguilar GS112 a few months ago, that I just couldn't resist, but it came nowhere near the Neox212T, and has now been moved on again...

I've just put in an order for a GK MB Fusion and 2 NEO212s. I was playing with them at LBGS and they really blew me away, I wasn't expecting a lot as they're designed more around weight and price (and size for the head and to a certain extent the cabs) than the artist series that is designed with no compromises for sound but I was genuinely shocked at just how good they are. For a full rig at around the £1500 price mark new, you get 2 2x12 cabs, a 2 channel valve preamp and 500w of power that weighs about 125lbs and sounds amazing.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1191718' date='Apr 7 2011, 01:48 PM']I've just put in an order for a GK MB Fusion and 2 NEO212s. I was playing with them at LBGS and they really blew me away, I wasn't expecting a lot as they're designed more around weight and price (and size for the head and to a certain extent the cabs) than the artist series that is designed with no compromises for sound but I was genuinely shocked at just how good they are. For a full rig at around the £1500 price mark new, you get 2 2x12 cabs, a 2 channel valve preamp and 500w of power that weighs about 125lbs and sounds amazing.[/quote]

Awesome dude.
I really really like the look of that Fusion head.
I wonder how it compares to the Genz Benz Streamliner in terms of sound, the Bass Whisperer test of the GB on Youtube sounds incredible!

Looking forward to hearing how you get on :)

Eude

[quote name='thebassman' post='1191690' date='Apr 7 2011, 01:24 PM']What choice of heads are driving these cabs?

Is it mainly GB and TC heads?[/quote]

I've put an Ampeg SVT111 through it, a Sansamp pre with Peavey power amp through it and a GK800RB through it and ALL sounded monstrous! :)