Why become a member? ×

Ampeg 410HLF tweeter?

MatthewKeys

Hey

Well basically, I bought a new tweeter because my old one was having little or no effect on the high end of my cabinet apart from a bit of extra hiss. I just plugged my new tweeter in (official ampeg tweeter) and I am having exactly the same problem, little or no effect... Anybody know what's going on? Could I fix it at home? How much would it cost to get repaired if not?

This is really bugging me!

Thanks

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1191943' date='Apr 7 2011, 04:49 PM']I bought a new tweeter because my old one was having little or no effect on the high end of my cabinet apart from a bit of extra hiss. I just plugged my new tweeter in (official ampeg tweeter) and I am having exactly the same problem, little or no effect... Anybody know what's going on? Could I fix it at home? How much would it cost to get repaired if not?[/quote]

First thing to check would be did you connect the replacement tweeter the right way round (red wire to the + terminal on the tweeter)?

If that's ok then I think there's an attenuator control on the back of the 410HLF?
I'd take a look at the wiring going to and from the attenuator assembly.
If that looks intact then the attenuator itself would be my prime suspect at that point.

HTH

[quote name='icastle' post='1192168' date='Apr 7 2011, 07:45 PM']First thing to check would be did you connect the replacement tweeter the right way round (red wire to the + terminal on the tweeter)?

If that's ok then I think there's an attenuator control on the back of the 410HLF?
I'd take a look at the wiring going to and from the attenuator assembly.
If that looks intact then the attenuator itself would be my prime suspect at that point.

HTH[/quote]

Hey

Yes I have connected it the right way round, and I even tried connecting it the wrong way round!

And yes i've taken the back on and made sure everything is connected properly, everything looks as it should, I really don't know what to do!

I don't want to buy any more replacement parts unless I know that is for sure what is wrong with my amp. Do you know anyone in the Kent Area who could actually diagnose what is wrong with it for me?

Thanks