Why become a member? ×

Mind the gap...

WalMan

Not too sure of the mastering used on this. Basically a track cut out of last weeks gig and run through TRackS mastering, but I'm having to do it by the spectrum analyser as the two alternate sources of monitoring give false impressions causing me to adjust either bass heavy or bass light - this time I think I have erred a little to far towards the light end of the scale as the bass is lost.

Recording was on the Roland R-05 recorder set to manual for level using the onboard mic's so largely it is what it is, BUT on the night the vocalist drew a blank on the words to start with and we ended up stopping & starting again. On the restart the drummer stumbled on a fill, but this evening I took part of the original start that was OK (except for the missing vocals) cut the front end off the second start and pasted the first start on with a crossfade.

So the question is, can you hear the join (probably) but I cannot at this end of the evening and am pretty pleased with the way it sliced together :)

Oops seem to have hit my upload limit & need to do some housekeeping so it'll have to be a link

[url="http://www.the-alibi.org.uk/sounds/Alibi/Fire-fixed.mp3"]FIRE - fixed version[/url]

No takers? Here you go then

[url="http://www.the-alibi.org.uk/sounds/Alibi/Fire-as_recorded.mp3"]Fire as recorded[/url]

Right at the start, obviously, but I am pretty pleased with the fixed result anyway - well at least so far as the splice/merge to fix the stumble is concerned. The joy of a drummer who at least starts to the metronome times :)