Why become a member? ×

Mesa Strategy 400 power amp

Dvisions

Hi guys, me again!

If you've clicked on this thread, chances are you know how f***ing great this baby is, the only reason I'm selling it is because my band is now starting to tour more, and I need something that's easier to handle.

Anyway, for those of you that don't know about this unit, this baby runs 12 6l6 valves, and 200 watt per side, and the option to run 2 cabs per side.

I've been running this unit mono, and using the other channel as a back up, but you can either run two seperate pre amps through both sides, or bridge them both (although you'd need two cabs).

Another great thing about the valves is the fixed biasing, there's no need to take it to a tech when replacing the valves! Also, the tubes have been upgraded to Harma valves.

I'm looking for a firm £450 with the 4u rack case in the pictures

As always, trade offers are considered.

Cheers guys.

Edited by Dvisions

whoop! hello baby!

I had the power switch replaced with a Boogie item but they didn't supply the original shape. Damn I'm tempted but I wouldn't know what to do with it since going Class D on both bass rigs and hifi.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1209081' date='Apr 23 2011, 12:04 PM']whoop! hello baby!

I had the power switch replaced with a Boogie item but they didn't supply the original shape. Damn I'm tempted but I wouldn't know what to do with it since going Class D on both bass rigs and hifi.[/quote]What preamp did you use with it when used in your hifi, or did you just plug a CD player straight in, and what class D amp you you now use in your hifi?

Edited by steve-soar

The amp I use for the hifi is an old 80's Mission Cyrus One. Not sure if it really was Class D to be honest, I'm far from being a hi-fi snob but the Cyrus seemed good value for fifty quid at Peterborough cash convertors. The preamp was a Rotel AV unit, I still have it somewhere. I like the Mission stuff and wouldn't mind getting a set of Mission bookshelf speakers some day. I have a separate Marantz home theatre system though.

• 1 month later...