Why become a member? ×

Just took ownership of a Sandberg Reliced PM5 in a trade

Old Horse Murphy

Not everyones cup of tea I know, but I have just traded a Fender USA Jazz bass for a Sandberg reliced PM5.

I always regretted selling my PM4 a while back, so when the chance came to own another one I didn't hesitate. The colour is wonderful and the relicing (like it or not) is very well done.

Supreme build quality, superb playability and sounds and very lightweight too. I'm really pleased :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1202880' date='Apr 17 2011, 07:39 PM']Thanks for all the comments :)

It's a phenomenal bass but not sure whether I'm beginning to feel the old problems in my arm due to the 5 strings....

TIme will tell :)[/quote]

3 words......Status Streamline 5 (well 2 words and a number).

TBH I've given up on Fives because theyre generally too heavy for me, or if its a light one (<9lbs) then I've hated the neck dive on the ones Ive had. So, the Streamline 5 is prbably the only 5 I'd ever consider.

Hope it works out Nick.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' post='1202916' date='Apr 17 2011, 08:20 PM']3 words......Status Streamline 5 (well 2 words and a number).

TBH I've given up on Fives because theyre generally too heavy for me, or if its a light one (<9lbs) then I've hated the neck dive on the ones Ive had. So, the Streamline 5 is prbably the only 5 I'd ever consider.

Hope it works out Nick.[/quote]

It's not the weight Mart. Its the additional string.

I'll see how I go but maybe 4 is the magic number

Sounds like a perfect answer to the problem of only playing 5's but wanting a P-bass sound at times.

I wouldn't see the point of just a P5 and welcome the extra Jazz pickup..or in this case...what sound does the MM type pickup add..apart from MM sounds which I could afford to miss, personally..:)