Why become a member? ×

2EQ Ray

Musicman20

The bass returned to be ... Yep.... Exactly the same!

I gave up on it. I wanted a single H so Bass Merchant chaps realised we were getting nowhere and got me a 3 EQ Maple/Burst on the way as a swap, (the 2EQ was still well within warranty).

It's just arrived! Firstly, beautiful burst again. Neck pocket is even better on this one. Weight seems average, paint job is great. I panicked for a moment as there was some flecks of white near the neck area, luckily it was polish :)

Now I've avoided maple boards for a while. With this, I'm glad I didn't!

Has anyone seen a standard modern Ray with flame on the headstock and maple birdseye figuring throughout the entire neck and board?! Well, I have, it's here! There is nearly as much birdseye in this cf to the Classic I tried!!!!

Once the neck ages a little and darkens this thing is going to be a stunner!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1227432' date='May 11 2011, 12:55 PM']Good news about the bass Gareth. Cant wait to see the pics.

So, thats all sorted, just the amps to get now then (and the other incoming basses of course).[/quote]

SL900 turned up as well yesterday.

Tested it, all works fine. I was right to return the other as with the same cable, this fitment is MUCH tighter and doesnt move.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1227701' date='May 11 2011, 04:06 PM']SL900 turned up as well yesterday.

Tested it, all works fine. I was right to return the other as with the same cable, this fitment is MUCH tighter and doesnt move.[/quote]

Thats great news. Things are looking up.