Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot gear for sale - AH300-7 head and 1818 cabinet

I've only just joined the forum, so I realise I could cast myself in a bad light by immediately posting a sale thread, but here goes (sorry):

I have for sale a Trace Elliot AH300-7 bass amp and a matching 1818 (1 x 18") speaker cabinet. It's an huge-sounding setup.

I bought it seven years ago so I could go touring with my then band but I went to university instead (I'm still not sure if that was a good idea or not). As such, this head and cab have sat at my parents' house virtually unused for the entire time I've had them, unfortunately, and are therefore in immaculate condition. It sounds great and has been gigged with only once. I'm reluctant to sell, but it's just not seeing the action it should and living in London is too expensive for me to keep it. I probably don't need to harp on too much about the popularity of this kit on a bass forum as, as far as I'm aware, it's very well thought of.

Amplifier head:

- solid-state
- 300w+ output
- 7-band equaliser
- active and passive inputs
- pre-shape 'sub' setting
- dual-band compression
- backlight

£250 ono

Speaker cabinet:

- huge 18" custom-designed (for TE) Celestion speaker
- 8 ohms impedance

£200 ono

They work excellently together but could equally by coupled with other similarly powered heads/cabinets. The cab could of course be paired with another for massive, dragon-slaying volume. They are both covered in Trace's trademark dark green carpet, which is unspoiled and bobble free. Collection only (from Gerrards Cross - easily got to from London by car or train) if anyone's interested, unless you want to arrange for a courier to pick it up at your own expense. If you're interested please contact me (how does that work on Basschat... PMs?)

Thanks a lot,

Josh

Edited by Superprecise

Hey fella, can only afford £190-200 at a push after the head tho!
Any good?

Cheers

Mike

quote name='Superprecise' date='Apr 25 2011, 10:36 AM' post='1210697']
I've only just joined the forum, so I realise I could cast myself in a bad light by immediately posting a sale thread, but here goes (sorry):

I have for sale a Trace Elliot AH300-7 bass amp and a matching 1818 (1 x 18") speaker cabinet. It's an huge-sounding setup.

I bought it seven years ago so I could go touring with my then band but I went to university instead (I'm still not sure if that was a good idea or not). As such, this head and cab have sat at my parents' house virtually unused for the entire time I've had them, unfortunately, and are therefore in immaculate condition. It sounds great and has been gigged with only once. I'm reluctant to sell, but it's just not seeing the action it should and living in London is too expensive for me to keep it. I probably don't need to harp on too much about the popularity of this kit on a bass forum as, as far as I'm aware, it's very well thought of.

Amplifier head:

- solid-state
- 300w+ output
- 7-band equaliser
- active and passive inputs
- pre-shape 'sub' setting
- dual-band compression
- backlight

£250 ono

Speaker cabinet:

- huge 18" custom-designed (for TE) Celestion speaker
- 8 ohms impedance

£200 ono

They work excellently together but could equally by coupled with other similarly powered heads/cabinets. The cab could of course be paired with another for massive, dragon-slaying volume. They are both covered in Trace's trademark dark green carpet, which is unspoiled and bobble free. Collection only (from Gerrards Cross - easily got to from London by car or train) if anyone's interested, unless you want to arrange for a courier to pick it up at your own expense. If you're interested please contact me (how does that work on Basschat... PMs?)

Thanks a lot,

Josh
[/quote]

Hmmm, I've never been the biggest TE fan, but jammed with one the other day and it was absolutely awesome. Really crisp punchy tone,which when coupled with my Spector sounded ridiculously phat.

I WILL buy that head, as long as I can shift my current Gallien-Krueger RB400-IV. Sadly no use for the cab (althlugh they do look sweet together) as I've got a 4x10 Ampeg already.