Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Gio Basses

Paul S

They pop up from time to time on eBay and never seem to fetch much. One at the moment - [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-Gio-Bass-/260775239385?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3cb76a5ed9"]here[/url] - has a £50 BIN, for example. I think they look quite nice (the SG looking ones with the double cutaway) but are they complete sh*te? Do-uppable or not worth the trouble?

Edited by Paul S

Hi Paul - that model's called the GAXB150 & it's a medium scale (32" I think), which isn't everyone's bag. They retailed for £100-150 originally - it's the Ibanez beginner line. I picked one up in a shop once & it felt OK for the cash, but didn't have a chance to give it a good play.

Do a search for GAXB150 & you'll find some reviews online - they seem fairly mixed, but a few people on talkbass seem to like them.

Cheers,

B.

Thanks for that - the model number helps pin the info down. I was just curious, really, as they don't seem to get talked about on here. Sounds like they are worth the bother if you don't have a cheap back up but I have too many as it is!