Why become a member? ×

The Melvins

steve-soar

[quote name='steve-soar' post='1211948' date='Apr 26 2011, 07:32 PM']You sir are a dude.[/quote]

Yeah, I know :)

Truth be told, I discovered the Melvins through the Fantomas link. I'd always been a big Patton fan and bought the 1st Fantomas album on launch day, saw them live a few times (which is an AMAZING spectical!) and eventually discovered the Melvins... Who have stayed on my Mac playlist ever since.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1211986' date='Apr 26 2011, 08:09 PM']great track. i like. although i was familiar with some of their stuff 'back in the day', i never got into them that much. kicking myself now though. i'll investigate further.. cheers. :)

you're right steve, what's not to like about a band that allows the bass to rip ?[/quote]This is why the Melvins are great.

Great great band. They played Houdini start to finish here a few years back. During Honey Bucket, my favourite tune off that album, Buzzo broke a string so they stopped and he put on a new string. They started it again and shortly after, he broke the new string, so they stopped again. He put on another new string, warning us about buying ernie ball strings. Third time around, the string survived, he wanted us to hear the song done properly. Great great band.