Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB6 JPII

niceguyhomer

I've only had this for a month or so but I'm struggling with it and have made the decision to go back to 5 strings. It's a beautiful bass and not too heavy for a 6er. Stunning build quality and tone and in excellent condition. Comes in a superb Yamaha deluxe case also is excellent condition. It's just been strung with Status Hot Wires and has a really low action. It has the new noiseless preamp and gold Schaller straplocks.

I paid £1350 for it and Ideally I would like to get that back but realise in these depressing times, I've got two chances...no hope and Bob Hope. Trades considered upwards or downwards with cash either way. I might even consider amps/cabs.

I will not ship this bass under any circumstances - you'll have to come and get it or meet me but we can talk about that.

Pics

Edited by niceguyhomer

I find these hard o play because of the string spacing (which i believe is 20mm? Or something close to that!)

If your not use to sixxers, or your prefered spaing is tighter these can be tricky to get used too,

However they sound GORGEOUS and have great necks, and the spacing isn't an issue when your used too it (though some never do get used to it!) also makes slapping a breeze.

Ace basses, and this one is the best colour :)

Bump on me man!

I happen to know Alan is gutted and reluctant to let this beauty go, but for certain reasons he has to.

I've had a play on it, and it's really really fabulous. Easy to play, lovely feel and incredible tone. I've had the pleasure of hearing it in a live situation too, and sounded sublime.

This bass will do anything you want it to do period. I wish I had the funds, I'd be having this in a shot.

Stunning bass.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1215456' date='Apr 30 2011, 01:24 AM']I find these hard o play because of the string spacing (which i believe is 20mm? Or something close to that!)

If your not use to sixxers, or your prefered spaing is tighter these can be tricky to get used too,

However they sound GORGEOUS and have great necks, and the spacing isn't an issue when your used too it (though some never do get used to it!) also makes slapping a breeze.

Ace basses, and this one is the best colour :)

Bump on me man![/quote]

The spacing is 19mm, the same as my Overwater, the necks are about 5mm narrower.

And yes, they do sound amazing, just listen to John Patitucci.

Homer brought this over to my place to try when he dropped off his shuker I bought from him (I’m feeling Guilty now)

First time I had tried one of these but was impressed with the playability of the neck and the action which was low tight and well balanced.

A Pro bit of kit to get your hands on, and Homer is a straight ahead guy to deal with, sorry to hear it wasn't your thing Al. But you gave it a go

Good luck
:)