Why become a member? ×

Rob Allen Mouse fretless

Very rarely see these come up for sale. Bidding already quite high (nearly £800) [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROB-ALLEN-MOUSE-30-BASS-FRETLESS-BASS-USA-JAZZ-UPRIGHT-/160578457631?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item256338d01f#ht_2030wt_1141"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROB-ALLEN-MOUSE-30-B...#ht_2030wt_1141[/url]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1216966' date='May 1 2011, 10:16 PM']Very rarely see these come up for sale. Bidding already quite high (nearly £800) [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROB-ALLEN-MOUSE-30-BASS-FRETLESS-BASS-USA-JAZZ-UPRIGHT-/160578457631?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item256338d01f#ht_2030wt_1141"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROB-ALLEN-MOUSE-30-B...#ht_2030wt_1141[/url][/quote]
I've been watching that since Wednesday and I don't suppose I'm the only one.

i have one problem with the bass. where do you find an allen key the will reach under the fretboard overhang and into the truss access? it has to be over an inch and you obviously wouldn't get the long end of a key in there. ?? also since when did a short scale improve low end? nice bass though.

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1217055' date='May 1 2011, 11:40 PM']...i have one problem with the bass. where do you find an allen key the will reach under the fretboard overhang and into the truss access? it has to be over an inch and you obviously wouldn't get the long end of a key in there....[/quote]
I guess you should email Rob Allen and let him know.

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1217055' date='May 1 2011, 11:40 PM']i have one problem with the bass. where do you find an allen key the will reach under the fretboard overhang and into the truss access? it has to be over an inch and you obviously wouldn't get the long end of a key in there. ?? also since when did a short scale improve low end? nice bass though.[/quote]
That's two problems.

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1217104' date='May 2 2011, 01:01 AM']one problem and a question. i would actually like to know how you would adjust the rod. anyone know?[/quote]
I really can't see why you would think there's a problem in adjusting the truss rod. I would adjust it in the normal way. I suspect Rob Allen supplies truss rod allen keys but I don't see why you would think an ordinary one won't fit.

Whether or not 30" scale [i]improves[/i] low end might well be a value judgement made differently by different individuals. However, a shorter scale usually means more fundamental note and less overtones.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1217205' date='May 2 2011, 09:12 AM'] [/quote]
Thats the first time I've heard a RA Mouse and I have to say it sounds wonderful. Not sure I could cope with a 30" scale length though

[quote name='Clarky' post='1217210' date='May 2 2011, 09:17 AM']Thats the first time I've heard a RA Mouse and I have to say it sounds wonderful. Not sure I could cope with a 30" scale length though[/quote]
It's only like tuning down to C# and then not playing below the third fret.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1217213' date='May 2 2011, 09:21 AM']It's only like tuning down to C# and then not playing below the third fret.[/quote]
But I rarely play [i]above[/i] the third fret :)

just seems to be a long way under the board and i can't imagine an allen key reaching that far. i guess it must be fine. love the bass though, especially the rounded board edges. smooth.[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1217205' date='May 2 2011, 09:12 AM']I really can't see why you would think there's a problem in adjusting the truss rod. I would adjust it in the normal way. I suspect Rob Allen supplies truss rod allen keys but I don't see why you would think an ordinary one won't fit.

Whether or not 30" scale [i]improves[/i] low end might well be a value judgement made differently by different individuals. However, a shorter scale usually means more fundamental note and less overtones.

[/quote]