Why become a member? ×

Anyone got an Acoustic Image Focus SA power amp?

Clarky

I fancy trying this with a Fishman as an ultra-portable DB amplification combination. The reviews sound good and its a shame that its (a) discontinued and (b ) only available in one retailer (Station Music in Germany) for a staggering circa Euros 1,000!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='TPJ' post='1219239' date='May 3 2011, 09:55 PM']What about the QSC K10 things? Two way speaker and integrated 1000 watt class D amp with dual inputs. Just plug in your Fishman and you're off.[/quote]
Interesting idea for which thanks but I already have the cab (a Barefaced Midget T) on order! Plus I was hoping for a cheeky low price for a second hand amp whereas the K10 is closevto £700.

Edited by Clarky

Yes, I support the K10 idea. I got mine for mic use but am finding that it does well with a pickup as well. Use a Headway or a Fishman and you're away. It's 32 lbs in old money.

A Focus SA is, I believe, discontinued and is now as rare as rocking horse poo. However, some BCers may have some other main amp ideas. They certainly exist out there but not many have been tried for DB as yet.