Why become a member? ×

SWR Headlite £450

Clarky

I bought this tiny-teeny amp only a week or two ago from Born2BMild (aka Phil of BassGear) to use as a stand-in power amp for use with my DB preamp. Unfortunately, while its a great little rock amp for electric bass, it colours the sound too much to work well with a DB. And I tracked down a Mesa Walkabout to cover my rock needs (should never have sold my old one).

The Headlite comes with the rather nice gig bag and is in good rather than great condition (scratches underneath from being rackmounted I guess; the front panel though is flawless). I paid £450 and would like to get this back or close enough. Its beefy enough on its own (400W) and would also be a great gig-bag backup amp too. Anyone? BTW, new these are £599 at BassDirect, so this is a 25% saving on new. Would also trade against an Acoustic Image Focus SA power amp, although these are rare as hen's teeth so its an ultra-long shot.

Stock pic:
[attachment=79222:Headlite.jpg]

SWR blurb:

The legendary SWR® tube preamplifier meets Class D power amp technology in this groundbreaking new product! The SWR headlite™ is a 3.8 pound (1.7 kg), 400 watt dynamo that delivers the tonal clarity SWR amps are famous for, as well as an astonishingly thunderous low-end response for such a diminutive package. But don’t let the size fool you – this is a full-featured professional quality bass amplifier!

Ideal as a stand-alone amp in a head/speaker rig or partnered with the amplite™ – a matching 400-watt power amplifier – in a multiple power amp rig, the headlite is an extremely versatile performance tool for stage or studio. The headlite includes a handy accessory bag designed for a headlite, an amplite and all the necessary cables – or it can be rack-mounted in ½ rack space with the optional rack-mount kit.

3.75 lbs.
SWR Tube Preamp with 3-Band Semi-Parametric EQ
400 watts (Class D Power Amp with Switch Mode Power Supply)
-10dB Input Pad Switch
Mute Switch with LED Indicator
Aural Enhancer™ with Defeat Switch
True Balanced Line Out (XLR & ¼”) with Ground Lift, Pre/Post Switch and Level Control
400 Watts @ 4 ohms
250 Watts @ 8 ohms
Speakon® Jack
[url="http://www.swrsound.com/products//search.php?partno=4415000000"]http://www.swrsound.com/products//search.p...rtno=4415000000[/url]

Edited by Clarky