Why become a member? ×

Barefaced bass cabs

thebassman

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1227491' date='May 11 2011, 01:28 PM']There's an attenuator - the rotary dial sits set back in one of the port sections and is easy to miss until you look, so it should be OK after adjustment.[/quote]

Thats good, i was about to ask that question.

I had an email from Alex about the Bassman 135, he said it's a quiet amp and the increased SPL on the S12T won't make a lot of difference.

Still will be loud enough for pub gigs though, and the sound is fantastic, so i shall not let that put me off.

cheers

thebassman

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='thebassman' post='1227521' date='May 11 2011, 01:47 PM']Thats good, i was about to ask that question.

I had an email from Alex about the Bassman 135, he said it's a quiet amp and the increased SPL on the S12T won't make a lot of difference.

Still will be loud enough for pub gigs though, and the sound is fantastic, so i shall not let that put me off.

cheers

thebassman[/quote]

It says in the spec that the super 12t has wheels. Are there 2 or 4 wheels? If 2 is it a tilt back with a handle?
Anyone got any pics?
Cheers
Thebassman

It's got a couple of skate wheels on the back, so effectively a tilt back with the top handle..

[quote name='thebassman' post='1264104' date='Jun 10 2011, 04:30 PM']It says in the spec that the super 12t has wheels. Are there 2 or 4 wheels? If 2 is it a tilt back with a handle?
Anyone got any pics?
Cheers
Thebassman[/quote]

2 wheels and tilt back with a handle. They are fixed over the rear angle and at the same height resting as the front feet. You just tilt it back and away you go! I think someone posted photos from an earlier review with a comment that they were a work or art in thelves (or something!). It's absolute piece of cake to move anywhere.

2 wheels and tilt back with a handle. They are fixed over the rear angle and at the same height resting as the front feet. You just tilt it back and away you go! I think someone posted photos from an earlier review with a comment that they were a work or art in thelves (or something!). It's absolute piece of cake to move anywhere.

Only had my S12T a short while, so far 3 gigs & a rehearsal, but it gets a HUGE [size=7]+1[/size] from me. I said it in a couple of other threads ('cos I am so happy with it) but coupled with the LMT it is light, loud, brilliant in the mix for both my twin guitar classic rock covers, and prog covers bands, really good dispersion and just sits in all the right places IMHO

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1264228' date='Jun 10 2011, 06:26 PM']Isnt it essentially very similar to the Genz Neo x212t?[/quote]

It's like the Neox 212T in that the speakers are vertically aligned and the woofers are made by the same manufacturer (but are different models). But you could say the same about pretty much every 4x10" on the market (in their case they have a 2x2 speaker array and woofers made by the same company) yet they all sound different and performance varies hugely.

Edited by alexclaber