Why become a member? ×

How do i go about finishing a P neck ???

Raslee

Hi, I am getting more adventurous with my latest build project and am thinking of purchasing an unfinished All parts P neck and applying my own decal. I am trying to replicate a 77 P bass with that vintage look on the neck - any suggestions on how i can do this, admittedly i am clueless at DIY.

Can i get vintage tint spray to do the job, if so where from & how much? Is it a big job? Any suggestions on aging the neck or relic look????

Thanks for any replies :)

[quote name='Rasta' post='1224242' date='May 8 2011, 05:34 PM']Hi, I am getting more adventurous with my latest build project and am thinking of purchasing an unfinished All parts P neck and applying my own decal. I am trying to replicate a 77 P bass with that vintage look on the neck - any suggestions on how i can do this, admittedly i am clueless at DIY.

Can i get vintage tint spray to do the job, if so where from & how much? Is it a big job? Any suggestions on aging the neck or relic look????

Thanks for any replies :)[/quote]
Manchester Guitar Tech do a nice range of vintage tinted cellulose lacquer in aerosols you can spray in your garden shed without killing yourself. They also have a good 'how to' page.