Why become a member? ×

which 2x10/2x12?

paulwillson

Hi im looking to sell my 410 HE and replace it with a 210 or 212 of similar value, the weight isnt the issue its more the size of it for transport purposes.
so i guess mybudget would be around 250-300. any advice? i have an ibanez sr506 bass running through an Ampeg svt 3 with an Ampeg SVT classic 115 (which is gorgeous)looking to pair it up with something a bit smaler than the 4x10.

roll up and declare your love for the 2x10's :)

thanks

Paul

Well theres an Ampeg SVT210HE for sale here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=135235"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=135235[/url]

Would go very nicely with the Ampeg 115.

I had an Ampeg SVT 3-PRO, and put it thru one of these cabs, and the 410HE - very nice.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1229258' date='May 12 2011, 08:13 PM']Thats a good point, and there are a couple on here for sale at present - or at least were earlier :)[/quote]

would like to have a tweeter though but thats not a bad idea i will research this further! anyone want my 410 he?

I'll be selling my Schroeder 1210R soon. I should be getting it back off my drummer next weekend.
Its a 1x12 and 1x10 with tweeter.
Its one of the original, non light versions. Very punchy and bloody loud.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised you want to run it with another cab. This is a 4 ohms cab so no good.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1229690' date='May 13 2011, 09:54 AM']I'll be selling my Schroeder 1210R soon. I should be getting it back off my drummer next weekend.
Its a 1x12 and 1x10 with tweeter.
Its one of the original, non light versions. Very punchy and bloody loud.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised you want to run it with another cab. This is a 4 ohms cab so no good.[/quote]

how much were you looking for? ben toying with the idea of having just oone cab :)

+1 on the Schroeder cabs - I have a 1515L which is more than enough for my drummer, and my mate has a 1212L which he uses in a rock covers band (Maiden, Purple, UFO, ACDC, etc) who are a lot louder than ours, and he really rates it - he had a Trace 410 combo before, and he says this (with a LMIII) is louder.

[quote name='paulwillson' post='1230146' date='May 13 2011, 04:55 PM']how much were you looking for? ben toying with the idea of having just oone cab :)[/quote]

I need to get the cab back and see what condition its in. Its fully working and never been pushed hard but i dont want to price it too high as the carpet covering is a bit tatty (although not ripped IIR).
I guess £300 will be a ball park figure but let me check it over first, it might be a bit less.
These cabs are very loud, i had a Epifani UL212 that sounded great on its own but was nowhere near as loud and punchy as this cab. It does have a mid bump, and a certain tone that you cant really EQ out, but if you like this tone then its really all you need for a small one cab rig IME.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1230987' date='May 14 2011, 02:37 PM']I need to get the cab back and see what condition its in. Its fully working and never been pushed hard but i dont want to price it too high as the carpet covering is a bit tatty (although not ripped IIR).
I guess £300 will be a ball park figure but let me check it over first, it might be a bit less.
These cabs are very loud, i had a Epifani UL212 that sounded great on its own but was nowhere near as loud and punchy as this cab. It does have a mid bump, and a certain tone that you cant really EQ out, but if you like this tone then its really all you need for a small one cab rig IME.[/quote]

My old Schroeder is a cab that I really miss! I don't think you can do better for the money they go for these days :)

Hi I use an Ampeg 15 & 2x10 with my SVT 200T head, amazing sound and tone, and portability ain't too bad either, as someone posted above there is a 2x10 Ampeg for sale here on BC... Well worth buying IMO...

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by drewk_ie

I have a Tech Soundsystems 2x12 combo/cab available that is essentially the identical design to the Schroeder (2nd driver on an angled baffle) iirc the Tech design predates the Schroeder. It's essentially a combo with the amp section removed (there is a 2U slot on the top where you can insert a rackmount amp or rack effects), it comes complete with an extendable speaker cable fitted with a speak-on connector (though you could solder on whatever fitting you required); 8ohms 300w and £195 if it's of interest! The drivers look like the aluminium Hartke ones but they aren't, they are the Tech 'Classic-line' speakers. For a description of sound... think Schroeder! :)

<edit>

I should add that it has a variable tweeter, which unlike standard tweeters where you just subtract it from the mix, you have different selectable settings.

Edited by warwickhunt

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1247051' date='May 27 2011, 01:34 PM']My Schroeder 1212L is light and loud and I like the sound but it's a piece of sh*t really. Just some hacked together panels and speakers that the dust caps like to separate from and buzz like arse, I'd expect better for the money tbh.[/quote]

Funny you should mention the dust cap. About two gigs after i first got my 1212L i had the same thing happen. I hadn't had this before so ended practically taking the whole cab apart looking for the source of the buzz.
To their credit i emailed both Jorg and SHX music and got a replacement driver within two days, plus i still have the original driver which i plan on fixing and putting in to a small 1x12 cab.

Ive heard horror stories about some of the badly made cabs that have come from Schroeder but both mine have been very well made.

I do wonder why they are so expensive though.

[quote name='drewk_ie' post='1231050' date='May 14 2011, 03:48 PM']Hi I use an Ampeg 15 & 2x10 with my SVT 200T head, amazing sound and tone[/quote]

Pleased to hear you are still enjoying the amp!! :)