Why become a member? ×

Mesa Walkabout (12") Scout combo

Clarky

Yes I know - don't kick me. Hindsight being rose-coloured I picked this up recently as I always loved the tube-y sound of this combo and had often regretted selling my old one a year or so ago. What I hadn't appreciated is two things: my worsening glass back (which needed two months of physio earlier this year) really doesn't like 50 pound combos and how good (and lightweight!) my MarkBass F1 and Barefaced Midget (bought primarily for my DB) sound with electric bass. So I am moving it on. You know the score with these - built like tanks, removable head (so can be used with other cabs), scary loud for size due to 12" speaker plus down-firing passive radiator speaker.

Its in good rather than perfect condition and has obviously been gigged. There's a few minor scuffs here and there around the 'feet' but none (or at least none noticeable) on the front of the combo or the top (where the head controls are). Has the (rather thin IMHO) Mesa slip cover. Asking for £600 collected or meet-up in London area.

Not got a pic right now but it looks just like this:

[attachment=79796:walkabout.jpg][attachment=79797:WalkSct112_xlarge.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

A BC'er came round to buy the combo this evening and tried it out first with his active Jazz. With the bass in the active input socket it randomly produced some intermittent buzz/crackle on lower booming notes. As I don't have an active bass (I play Fender Ps and Js) I had never used this input socket and therefore never noticed the problem before.

I could get this fixed at the Gallery but TBH its a PITA for a combo I am looking to sell, especially as the majority of bass players play passive basses (like me) and would never encounter any problem with the combo.

So my proposal is £500 for the combo in its current state - if you're a passive bass player, you just saved £100 and you would never be affected by the active input issue. If you're an active bass player you would have to have it seen to and may therefore have no interest, although hopefully the price (the lowest I have seen a Walkabout advertised at) may counter-balance this.