Why become a member? ×

Anyone got the noation for sweet child o mine please?

Tab, why?

Sorry but this is one of the easiest songs to get by ear. The bass is very distinct in the mix all the way through and anyway it's essentially root notes with some nice runs between them.

For me the most important thing to know is whether the band tune down to Eb to play it or not.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='Johnston' post='1240088' date='May 22 2011, 10:20 AM']Going by how Pete is getting his reading chops up I think the blobs= the dots :)

Try this first one I pulled from a Guitar pro file from ultimate guitar.

I did have a decent one but for some reason some of my tab files have went missing :) and all of the Gs is among the missing.

[attachment=80589:guns_n_r...d_o_mine.pdf][/quote]

Ta Johnston thats the one, Im printing it off now although it might take me a while to digest! FWIW there is a lot more involved when you compare the Notation to the tab version from what I can see already.

I need to learn this for the band that I've just joined.

Got to say that although I've never played it, I already feel that it's straying in to Mustang Sally/Brown Eyed Girl territory, in that every pub band seem to have it on their set list.

:)

[quote name='gary mac' post='1240138' date='May 22 2011, 11:08 AM']I need to learn this for the band that I've just joined.

Got to say that although I've never played it, I already feel that it's straying in to Mustang Sally/Brown Eyed Girl territory, in that every pub band seem to have it on their set list.

:)[/quote]
You should see the rest of the set list they have :) its only a dep gig and their bass player is a real beginner anyway so it will be an improvement for the rest of the guys even if I wing it (their bass player would tell you that himself Im not being harsh he has only been playing a year at the most)

My take on the runs is that they complement what the vocals and the lead guitar do, so unless your vocalist and guitarist are copying Axl Rose and Slash note for note and inflection for inflection, copying the bass guitar part exactly as it is off the album won't be quite right.

My covers band do this and basically I learnt all the runs plus a couple of my own and the switch them around to match what the other musicians are doing which ends being similar but not exactly the same as the original.

[quote name='Johnston' post='1240193' date='May 22 2011, 12:01 PM']For some reason I learnt from an "official transcription" and the intro is different to every tab I've ever seen.[/quote]

if I got a pound for every "official transcription" I have seen that is plainly wrong... I'd be a very fat man indeed :)

I doubt there is any tab that would show all the variations each tine round and you would still have to listen 20 times to get the timings of them

Not sure what you've learned yet, but you have to get the intro note for note, then the 2 different 3 chords pattens for verses and chorus , the middle bit and ending differ again but are fairly easy progressions

Sorry if I've stated the obvious but it's unclear what you've learned so far