Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Perfect 10, phantom noises?

fallenstar

I got a new amp, the ashdown perfect 10, 30w.

I kept hearing a phone ringing periodically, and realised it was the amp. seems worse on more gain.

Is this a defect in my particular amp, or something else? I'm a little shy and don't want to take it back unless i know it is broken.

Playing the basic Yamaha bass through it.

Cheers :)

[quote name='fallenstar' post='1245789' date='May 26 2011, 03:49 PM']I got a new amp, the ashdown perfect 10, 30w.

I kept hearing a phone ringing periodically, and realised it was the amp. seems worse on more gain.

Is this a defect in my particular amp, or something else? I'm a little shy and don't want to take it back unless i know it is broken.

Playing the basic Yamaha bass through it.

Cheers :)[/quote]

Well there's nothing in that amp that could emulate a phone ringing.

I'm guessing that what you're hearing is your mobile phone doing an update on the network - some amps seem more succeptible to picking this up than others.

Try sticking your phone over the other side of the room or switching it off.

HTH

[quote name='icastle' post='1245806' date='May 26 2011, 03:59 PM']I'm guessing that what you're hearing is your mobile phone doing an update on the network[/quote]

Ah ha, I have a dodgy old phone that makes my speakers go funny, so that makes alot of sense. My "trendy" new phone is in phone hospital. Again.

Cheers guys

[quote name='fallenstar' post='1246066' date='May 26 2011, 07:02 PM']My "trendy" new phone is in phone hospital.[/quote]

Ah.
As my old grandad used to say 'never trust something that thinks it's smarter than you are'. :)

EDIT: Which in my case also includes breakfast cereals... :)

Edited by icastle