Why become a member? ×

Do i use the fretless for the gig tomorrow ?

gub

After just getting the unlined fretless which i am totaly new to ,i am contemplating using it for the gig tomorrow for most of the songs . will take a fretted as well for some numbers though . i have not had a rehersal with the band with it yet but been playing it at home for a week and i think i can do ,yes there will be some intonation problems but i think overall i could pull it off. just looking for your thoughts really ,what would you do?

Go for it! The best way is to throw yourself in at the deep end. If you can, record the gig & listen back later to see where the weaker bits were, identify any common problems etc.

Went really well , got lots of positive feedback after the gig and i dont think i sounded too out of key for most of the time . the gig was recorded so will know a bit more when i listen back to it . so glad i just got in there and did it though as could of been messing about changing my mind for ages. :)

[quote name='gub' post='1249559' date='May 29 2011, 07:51 PM']Went really well , got lots of positive feedback after the gig and i dont think i sounded too out of key for most of the time . the gig was recorded so will know a bit more when i listen back to it . so glad i just got in there and did it though as could of been messing about changing my mind for ages. :)[/quote]
Well done mate! Bravery pays off :)

[quote name='gub' post='1249559' date='May 29 2011, 07:51 PM']Went really well , got lots of positive feedback after the gig and i dont think i sounded too out of key for most of the time . the gig was recorded so will know a bit more when i listen back to it . so glad i just got in there and did it though as could of been messing about changing my mind for ages. :)[/quote]
That's the best way I think, just dive in and get on with it. I love playing my fretless at gigs or messing about.

Try not to be too critical of recordings though, I always find that it goes down great in the moment but my intonation is never up to perfection when I review recordings so I just persevere with it.