Why become a member? ×

My 1973 set up

gary mac

Just found this old polaroid snap taken in my bedroom circa 1973-74. Image quality not brilliant but hopefully good enough to see.

[attachment=81344:new_doc_1_1_.jpg]
Selmer Goliath 4 x 10" purchased second hand.

50 Top amp purchased new from a record/music shop in Hoddesdon.

The Epiphone was my 15th birthday pressie from mum and dad. I can still remember tearing the wrapping paper off the case, releasing the catches and opening it up to get my first look at it. Actually I can still recall the smell of it as well.

I wonder if any of it still survives. I sold the bass to a friend of my brother but as for the amp and cab, just can't recall.

Edited by gary mac

[quote name='gary mac' post='1248101' date='May 28 2011, 11:52 AM']I know, thanks. I'm trying to sort it but think I might need a grown up to help me[/quote]

looks like it's a .zip file, I think you'll need to re-save it as a jpeg and re-attached, should work then :0)

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='1248152' date='May 28 2011, 12:33 PM']looks like it's a .zip file, I think you'll need to re-save it as a jpeg and re-attached, should work then :0)[/quote]

Yes suspected that was the problem, thanks.

Trying to sort it now but I fear the pic may be too small to be of much use.

[quote name='monolab' post='1251126' date='May 31 2011, 09:47 AM']Great set up !! i was actually gonna buy one of those 50 heads a month ago , but i stupidily past on it.. DAMN!! DAMN!! DAMN!![/quote]

Really, it didn't occur to me that there were any still about.