Why become a member? ×

Sold - Fender Squier Korea Jazz Bass 1998 - sold

Al Heeley

For sale: £120.00 + postage: Korean Fender Squier Jazz Bass, 1998 vintage

Black body, rosewood fretboard.
All in good working order, I bought this second hand two years ago and had it as my working gigging bass for 18 months - never let me down.
It needed a bit of TLC when I bought it, the owner had put the 'wrong' bridge on it, I bought and fitted a new replacement bridge, shimmed the neck, gave it a good set up and treated it to a nice new white scratchplate.

Conventional wiring, standard JB pickups for the era, as far as I know.
The Korean Squiers are particularly good instruments and great value. The neck is really nice, true, ding-free, pretty good action. Fretboard has a small indent at lower edge of the fifth fret but you won't know it's there when you're playing.

The body is a bit scratched and looks to me like the original owner used something abrasive to try to polish a corner of it at one stage, dulling the black lacquer, then realising he'd made a mistake. The back has a few dings and scratches too.
If you're not too worried about the aesthetiics, it plays really nicely, its a really good quality neck, very stable, good feel, and the pickups are full and punchy as you would expect.
Well worth buying if you're looking for a good honest cheap dependable backup bass, a gigging starter or for carting round gigs where you don't want to risk your precious main instrument getting dinged.
Pickup or check out welcomed - Huddersfield area. Postage to UK would probably be around £20 for this - there's no gig bag or hard case.

Edited by Al Heeley

• 2 weeks later...

-*bump*- Now offering a free cadburys cream egg to the lucky bidder.
And I may throw in a packet of jaffa cakes.
This is a snip for a good solid bass.
Is it time to get the screwdriver to work and sell it for parts on ebay?

<snivel.>

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='1262422' date='Jun 9 2011, 10:56 AM']Unless some kind person saves this bass pretty quickly, it's heading for the Breaker's this weekend. Parts will be dissembled and scattered over ebay.

Grab yourself a huge bargain and save the bass from a shocking fate!![/quote]

Aside from the shameless emotional blackmail :) why would you need to part it out? I watched at least one Korean Squier on eBay a while ago and IIRC it made reasonable money. I would have thought you'd get at least what you're asking here.

• 2 weeks later...