Why become a member? ×

Musicman Limited Edition

Hi All

I really fancy a Musicman, and have seen this one on ebay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Musicman-Stingray-Ltd-2005-/250824011583?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a6646af3f"]Here[/url]

Is this a good deal? I am suprised that nobody has bid on it

Cheers
Russ

[quote name='Bellypopper' post='1248417' date='May 28 2011, 04:54 PM']Hi All

I really fancy a Musicman, and have seen this one on ebay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Musicman-Stingray-Ltd-2005-/250824011583?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a6646af3f"]Here[/url]

Is this a good deal? I am suprised that nobody has bid on it

Cheers
Russ[/quote]

I sold one of these last year for less than his starting price and that included the official ltd ed case. What may be putting people off is his reference to the bass not being in the UK.

Don't be too excited by the 'limited edition' tag - they seem bring one of these out every year. It's a limited colour run but, as far as I know, it's just a stock bass apart from that.

Used Rays regularly sell for around the start price (some even less) on this.

His BIN is on the high side. If you really fancy it, stick in a bid [b]now[/b] (say £805) which will remove the BIN (thus deterring trigger happy money-bags' from jumping in and spoiling it for you) and see what happens.

I don't like that he seems to have pictured some light damage but neglected to mention it in the listing, even in the small section where he actually describes the bass. This will only come back to bite the buyer on the bum if they complain about any damage, as he'll just try and wriggle out of it by saying there were pics.

Set-up wise it looks a goer.
Btw, it looks like the back of the neck will need a bit of a rub down to freshen it up.