Why become a member? ×

Fitting 1/2u rack gear?

Jamesemt

I've decided to rack some of my gear to make it a bit easier for me, and would like to put my AKG wireless system in it.

I've seen an AKG kit, which includes long ears to mount the system as a full rack, but what about mounting it in just half? There's no weight to it.

Also got a superfly that I might take out of it's holder, how would I go on with that (I threw the rack ears out, yeah I'm a tit :))? I reckon it's too heavy to just mount on one side, although without all the silver casing...can I get something to connect them together?

You can buy rack shelves that fit standard racks and allow you to mount non-standard sized gear on them.

For example [url="http://proaudiostash.co.uk/hardware/rack_shelves/item_1000.html"]Rack shelf[/url]

Or [url="http://www.theelectronicsshop.co.uk/Accessories/rack%20draws%20info%20page.htm"]Rack Drawers[/url]

Some have hole in the base for screw into gear (e.g. screwing into where the feet are placed). Or you could drill your own holes or use velcro to attach things. Lots of options.

For the superfly you might be able to get the rack ears from the supplier.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='144949' date='Feb 22 2008, 12:16 PM']Sorry should have read your first post again before posting - the hazards of dropping into a thread at the latest post...

Unfortunately I'm using mine. Might be worth getting in touch with Ashdown and begging?[/quote]

Cheers, I'll try that